Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold surprise approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold surprise approval!

The other day I processed a change of "address" from my friend's apartment to a UPS box. I don't actually live in the US, but US card suit my needs better than Canadian.

Amex Gold was my third US Card, done with global transfer. The others were with RBC and TD, both of which will also approve cards for Canadians based on their Canadian credit score. That one's gone now, after the annual fee would have kicked in (13 months, no reward clawback)

Out of curiousity I used the Cardmatch tool from CreditCards.com. No Amex card had ever showed up there for me, and I've had more hard pulls than a rope in tug-of-war, so one more wouldn't hurt if I applied.

I didn't get an instant approval, but it came in a few hours with a $4000 SL. I also noticed it wasn't linked to my profile. It asked me to set up a new one and I'm listed as "member since 2019" instead of 2015 as on my existing cards. I also forgot to include my Delta skymiles number. I asked them to change that, but I'll wait a while on having them combine it with my existing cards on one profile, just in case they wouldn't have done it if I were "me." 

To be clear, I used the same address, phone, email and SSN as on my existing account - the mixup isn't the result of anything I did.

The checked luggage and priority boarding are the only card benefits I care about, given the nearly worthless rewards structure

So far I've had no alerts of a hard pull.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold surprise approval!

Congrats on yer approval ..

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting and grats on the new card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AmEx card!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Amex Delta Gold card!

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Like I said on another AMEX approval. 10 more months baby. Bring on AMEX!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP, it’s always good to get another Amex in your wallet! @FireMedic1, I’m counting the days for you to get yours!
Message 7 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.