Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EvD Approval

tag
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Amex EvD Approval

Hi, wanted to share some information with everyone.
Helped DGF apply for her first credit card.
She has only been an AU on a Capital One with a 15k CL for 5 years. She has a thin profile, no loans, no lates, no cards. Yesterday we decided that it was time to get her a card of her own. We checked all the pre qualification and only AmEx had offers. They actually showed BCP and the EvD Preferred with 14.24% APR. Pulled the trigger on the Everyday and got a instant approval of 15k. Wasn't expecting such a high SL and we probably won't even get close to using that but sure we'll take it!
Prior to apply we only checked Vantage 3.0 which was at 770. Will update if AmEx mails her score.
Util 33% on AU when applied.
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jl4
Established Contributor

Re: Amex EvD Approval

That's fantastic news, congrats to the DGF!

Make sure to check out the master AMEX CLI thread. TL;DR is keep money flowing through the card and the balance low and after 61 days, a CLI should be in order and it might be impressive, to boot. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 2 of 5
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Thanks! To be quite honest I don't think we'll be pursuing a CLI at 61 days. It will be a low usage card and we don't want AA because of low usage and high CL. I have it marked on the calendar anyways so we might try for it, I have no idea. We'll see at 61 days.
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 3 of 5
jl4
Established Contributor

Even if you dont "use" it, having the higher max credit line looks good on her credit file, especially after coming from being an AU only.

Sometimes 💩 happens, too. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 4 of 5
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

You're correct, that's one of the reasons we would be doing it. I'll probably end up allocating some of my bills to include the card in rotation or something similar.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.