Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EveryDay CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex EveryDay CLI!

Just got approved for a CLI on my Amex Everyday - it went from $2600 (lower than my Chase Freedom Student) to $4900. It isn't even 2X my previous limit, but considering I started at around $1500 when I applied for it last July as my second card, I'd say it's pretty good. Especially considering that my income isn't super high (being a full-time college sophomore is kinda limiting in that sense lol). 

I was pre-qualified for the Amex Gold awhile back, so hopefully with the increased limit and the two new cards I added (see previous post), those offers come back as months pass Smiley Happy.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay CLI!

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 2 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I'd say any CLi in this landscape is a good one, Congratulations!

Message 3 of 17
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 4 of 17
ccquest
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new CL! For curious minds, what'd you ask for the increase to be, if you don't mind sharing?
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 5 of 17
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎈🎉🎊🍾 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest I only asked for 5500 (my income is 13k, so asking for 7200 felt like too much, especially from Amex)  and they countered with 4900. I'm sure I could've gotten that and more if I had more income, but I also wonder if part of it is stricter lending at the moment.

Message 7 of 17
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ccquest I only asked for 5500 (my income is 13k, so asking for 7200 felt like too much, especially from Amex)  and they countered with 4900. I'm sure I could've gotten that and more if I had more income, but I also wonder if part of it is stricter lending at the moment.

Still a nice increase and sizeably over the other cards you have right now. That'll only help you in the future applying for new cards because you'll have a higher limit sitting there. If you can, make sure to ask again after another 181 days just to get it over the $5k mark so you don't have any concerns getting a Visa Signature down the line (many will have minimum $5k SL, some are lower).

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 8 of 17
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Nice hit on AMEX!! 

Welcome to the myFICO fam!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, enjoy the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.