cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Approved - 2nd Amex since 4/4.

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Approved - 2nd Amex since 4/4.

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Amex Gold approval! Enjoy the 4 points on dining and supermarket! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!  A lot of money is spent on groceries and ining so it will definitely pay for itself.  I was having a moment where I wish I got the platinum instead but I can always add that one later and maximize perks on boths cards.

Message 11 of 26
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Outside of calling Amex, I assume there is no way to find out my max spend?  I can see it shows 45k when I click on "Pay Charges Over Time" but I am looking for the actual purchase amount...or would this be the same amount?

I haven't used the "Check Spending Power" link either.  Not trying to do too much to trigger a FR.  

Message 12 of 26
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

So, I just called Amex and they said my SL is currently 45k, the same as my Plan It!  Awesome!  I don't have anything to buy but nice to have...almost at the $100k mark combined.

I just added the card to my Samsung Pay so I have already put over $2k required for the sub on it!...card should be here tomorrow.  

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on all the Amex luv.. feel like im missing outSmiley Sad

Message 14 of 26
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats. They expedited my Amex Gold as well. Was approved for the Hilton Aspire today which they will send next day as well

Message 15 of 26
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on all the Amex luv.. feel like im missing outSmiley Sad

Thanks!  Honestly, I can't believe I'm getting so much love from them but I've been with them with my Zync and always overpaid and had a negative balance.  As I mentioned above when I had to call in after the app, the rep even said they take relationship in to account and as of today, I still don't have a SP for the CM or the Gold so relationship definitely has to mean something. 

Samsung Pay is excellent by the way, especially before you have the card in hand you can start using it in stores and not just online.

Message 16 of 26
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

My first metal card haha...feels good in the hand.  Now I just need to get Platnium in a few months. amexgold.jpg

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP, it’s a great feeling getting mail with the blue square on it, isn’t it? I’m awaiting my BCP currently and want it to hurry up lol.

It’s killing me not to get the Gold right this minute. I have across the board approvals and I want to accept it so bad, but I worry about the optics of it. Two cobranded Amex cards 11/15, the Hilton Ascend on 3/3, and the BCP on 5/23. I just worry it would be too much too soon. Maybe it wouldn’t be - they do have me preapproved - but I don’t want to do anything to derail my relationship with them.

I’m very jealous of that shiny metal card though! Again, congrats Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 26
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Haha, thanks and I know the feeling....you can get up to 5 cards with them but go with your gut and when the time is right, you'll know when to pull the trigger.  

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Five revolvers and unlimited charge cards lol. I can already envision a wallet filled with Amex Smiley Happy I’m closing my base Hilton and folding it into the Ascend after the one-year mark to make room.

Gahh, I wish I didn’t see this thread lol
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.