Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum approval (CAP)

tag
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Amex Platinum approval (CAP)

Posting in case there are any datapoints that matter for the community. Experian - 743, but young file, many inquiries. I have a positive but short (~6 month) history with Amex. I had been waiting until inquiries age off in 2021 to get a CSR. When the CSR AF recently went up, I decided Platinum made more sense for me. I did not have a preapproval, but I applied via Corporate Advantage Program anyway and was (to my mild surprise) denied. Today, I noticed that I did have a preapproval, so I applied again via CAP and was approved. Come to think of it, I got my first Amex card on July 17, so maybe going a day over 6 months made the difference. Don't mind having to apply twice since the denial was SP. So far, the approval also seems to be SP, but that may change.

Via CAP, I get a $150 annual statement credit for Platinum and a $100 annual statement credit for Gold, so it's like I pay normal price for Platinum and also get Gold for no AF. The Platinum SUB is the normal 60k one, though, not the coveted 100k. I decided not to wait for it, as I want my stuff to age together to the extent possible.

I am planning to downgrade my Hilton card after the AF hits again. The only other thing I want to do as far as credit cards is get Ducks Unlimited when most of my inquiries are more than a year old. And of course, increase my CLs.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum approval (CAP)

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 19
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval !
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! Enjoy the travel perks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval!!

i also have the amex corporate card since '15 but do not have an amex personal.

logged into my corporate account and there was a pop up for personal amex deal. (platinum, gold, blue cash preferred)

debating on whether to apply or not.

your score seems better than mine and you got denied so i will probably not apply for any as i dont want any dings to the report.

Message 8 of 19
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Don't be fooled by my score. It is a paper tiger. I have heavy credit-seeking and over 15 inquiries per report that are all under a year old. I've seen quite a few other people get Gold Cards, which I assume have basically the same underwriting, with scores in the mid-600s.

You may know this already, but the score they focus on is Experian. Good luck if you do apply!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the tip!

might just wait for my next report update.

expecting score to go up a bit since it'll be adding new discover it credit line and utilization should be droppping.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.