Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex comes through again!!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Amex comes through again!!

The Amex BCP was my first AMEX card and first major CC in a on again off again spree last year. The starting limit was $4000 and the day I received the card I requested $12,000. They obliged! In November of last year I requested $24,000 and that was also successful. Tonight I played with the numbers. Requested $40K and then $36K. Both triggered I send in tax forms. Honestly I don't want to go through all that. So I made my last request $30,000. I thought they'd counter with the first offer..no dice though. The $30K was instantly accepted. The Amex BCP is now my highest limit card followed by the Penfed Cash Rewards at $28,000.

I closed two Amex cards(SPG, ED) last month with low limits($2000 each). My last increase was Nov 22, 2015 on a Sunday night. I must say, if nothing else they are consistent. lol

I haven't used the card in several months. However, my AU's use it all the time.

Amex 30,000.png

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex comes through again!!

wow congrats!! some day I hope to have big-kid limits like that...

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks guys!! I've been itching for a SP CLI. lol

It keeps me in the garden.Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 16
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I can have that much credit line. LOL

Congrats! 

Message 7 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Thanks, it will come in time. I never thought I'd have it either. It's been a year since I started my journey. $2600 SL to just over $283,000. I've closed several cards. The TL would have been higher. I closed 4 cards last month. My TCL is higher now than before closing out those cards.. strange.
Message 8 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice limit! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the CLI...This is why I wasnt approved. They decided to give you a CLI and deny me.Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.