Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Discover IT Approval!!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Another Discover IT Approval!!

Ok so I've been itching to apply for this card for weeks after seeing all the approvals. Today, I finally decided to pull the trigger! I hit that "Submit Application" button before I could stop myself LOL. Only approved for $1,500, but I'll take it!!!

Can I call them to request a bigger credit limit?

Also, all of my data points are in my siggy, but I'll post them here anyways...

FICO 8 Scores

Experian:  651

TransUnion:  670

Equifax:  660

Collections:  (Depending on the CRA, I have 1-2 things in collections)

CMRE:  Reported to TransUnion and Experian only - $80 (paid today)

CCoC:  Reported to all 3 (deleted from TransUnion) - $1,600 (falls off October)

Late Payments:  1 (30 day late from 2012)

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Discover IT Approval!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know the feeling. I clicked the submit button and closed my eyes. Haha. I just got approved today as well. We are Discover family now! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I know the feeling. I clicked the submit button and closed my eyes. Haha. I just got approved today as well. We are Discover family now! Smiley Very Happy

That's amazing! It's nice to finally be apart of this family. Smiley Very Happy I honestly never thought I'd see the day where I would apply for a credit card and be instantly approved! I was 1,000,000% sure they were going to say denied, or needs to be reviewed. My scores started in the super dumps, so this is a nice feeling.

Also, do you know if I can call them and request a bigger credit line?

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the same thing about it being reviewed. As far as the CLI goes, I guess you could always call and ask for them to bump it up a bit or just wait 3-months and ask. Not really sure, this is my first rodeo. The experts here would be better equipped to answer that.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice post, Q. Excellent job with the relevant DPs. Very helpful. Question: did they pull EX?

And Congrats! on a sweet approval. It'll grow.

Message 5 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Doing great!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very nice post, Q. Excellent job with the relevant DPs. Very helpful. Question: did they pull EX?

And Congrats! on a sweet approval. It'll grow.

Thanks! I always try to look at other people's data to get an idea on what I could possibly be approved for, so I thought this might be useful for other people.

I honestly don't know who they pulled. I haven't gotten any alerts as of yet, but if I had to guess, I would say TU. I would check Discover's pre-approval page periodically, and it wasn't until TU updated to my score to 670 that I started getting any offers other than the secured card. I'm in California, if that matters. I read that they will usually pull TU, but I know it's different for everyone. I will update you guys once I figure out what they pulled. Although... now that I think about it, the guy on the phone said it was a soft pull when I applied. I called to ask about a CLI (which they said no, what you got is what we'll give) and he said it was a soft pull and that if it was a hard pull, they'd let me know. He could've been talking about the CLI in 3 months, though. Sorry I know I'm being confusing LOL.  

Message 7 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  Disco brings alot of love to the board here!  Me personally from what you posted, I'd probably wait for a CLI in a few months rather than try to recon that.. a little gardening goes a long way.

Message 8 of 13
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

Congrats on the approval.  Disco brings alot of love to the board here!  Me personally from what you posted, I'd probably wait for a CLI in a few months rather than try to recon that.. a little gardening goes a long way.

I think you're absolutely right! I should get another increase on my Capital One card around the same time, too. I'm just waiting for the day I get pre-approved for an AMEX card or can apply for a Chase card. Still a little ways away, but I'll get there soon. Can't wait to see what this new card does for my credit in a few months, as it's my 3rd card. Also, once that last collection falls off my Equifax, I can apply for a PenFed card. I spoke to a rep there who said they most likely won't approve me for anything if I have something in collections. Regardless if it's from almost 7 years ago. Cat Sad

I'm tempted to close my Wells Fargo because it's been almost 2 years and it's STILL secured. I've put $1,200 into that stupid card and still nothing. I'm starting to lose faith in Wells Fargo. Well, I started losing it a while ago.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.