Established Contributor

Re: App Spree!

Congrats,,,Keep it up!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You will not take a hit on your score for closing the card. It does not lower your AAOA. It will stay on your reports for 10 years. Added new accounts will.

Thank you so much for the clarification.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I want to thank the wonderful people on this board for the great information and support that they provide. I have been a member for almost 1 year and have managed to bring my scores from a 550 to a decent 687.

I finally closed one of my starter cards from Wellsfargo *secured*  (it refused to budge...at all!) and I decided to come out of the garden and  apply for a few cards today, before my score takes a temporary hit for closing the WF card.  I was instantly approved for Discover IT- 3000.00, Amex (cash everyday)- 1800.00 and Chase Sapphire 5000.00! This is my first 5000.00 limit!! I am so excited. It is so nice to finally see my credit growing, and I owe alot to this board for the valuable information. Now, back to the garden I go!!

edited to correct spelling...

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Done!

I, too, was in the rebuilding garden for a year or so.  I spreed a few months ago and also got some gret cards with very generous limits.  I LOVE amex and pretty much use it for everything.  I do have the EveryDay Preferred and basically use it as a debit card and pay it off weekly. 

Do you have any other types of credit? Car loan, mortgage or anything like that?  I saw my scores go higher after getting a car loan (after the initial hit for applications).

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I want to thank the wonderful people on this board for the great information and support that they provide. I have been a member for almost 1 year and have managed to bring my scores from a 550 to a decent 687.

I finally closed one of my starter cards from Wellsfargo *secured*  (it refused to budge...at all!) and I decided to come out of the garden and  apply for a few cards today, before my score takes a temporary hit for closing the WF card.  I was instantly approved for Discover IT- 3000.00, Amex (cash everyday)- 1800.00 and Chase Sapphire 5000.00! This is my first 5000.00 limit!! I am so excited. It is so nice to finally see my credit growing, and I owe alot to this board for the valuable information. Now, back to the garden I go!!

edited to correct spelling...

Congrats OP.

You should not take any hit from closing your WF secured card. Unless you had $10K limit on it Smiley Happy When i closed mine couple months ago, it was maxed at $2500, so once it was paid off an closed, my scores actually went up a little because by closing it, i got rid $2500 debt. With the new cards added you ay see a drop in your AAoA, hence a small score drop, but the available credit on those cards shouldmake up for that drop. Also, don't forget that fico does not factor in your payment history on a new account until after 6 months. So 6 months down the road, you will see a better increase on your score. Congrats!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I'm so happy for you!  All those great approvals, and your scores are looking very good!  The Chase SL is awesome - enjoy all of your successes! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.