Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card Approval!

Hi all, long time lurker here. 

Wound up having to go through BK7 back in 2018 (D/Ced end of June 2018) due to losing a job through no fault of my own other than being me. Started rebuilding that October with a Credit One Visa, which, surprisingly, I got approved for the mid-level $39 annual fee version. Grew that for a bit, then managed to get a Savor One with Capital One (strangest credit card in my wallet, going to make another post about it because I'm curious) then a Plat that I turned into a Quicksilver. Got a Mercury preapproval through CreditKarma after that, and found myself in a pretty decent spot.

I've been trying to get the Apple Card for the past few months, and was getting the "recently past due" message of doom that so many other here have reported. Since it's SP, I've been trying pretty much every month with the same result.

Well, lo and behold, I tried it yesterday when I noticed it was Novemeber, and got approved for $1500, my highest SL and highest CL! It wasn't an instant approval; I got the notification that they would send me an email within a few days, but fifteen minutes later I got a "You have been approved for the Apple Card" message on my phone. 

With how many people coming out of BK have been posting about and wanting the Apple Card here, I figured my tale would help some folks out. Right around the two year, four month mark was my sweet spot. 

Now I think I can safely go hide in the garden for a bit Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on this apple approval and working effectively with limited options so soon after BK and getting that rebuild moving forward.

Message 3 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Welcome to the forum & Congratulations on your Approval   ...

Message 4 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  Just in time for the new phone!  

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashorcharge wrote:

Congratulations on your approval!  Just in time for the new phone!  

I think I'm gonna hold off for now, my carrier has barely any 5G within the states around me, and my 11 Pro Max is still serving me quite well Smiley Happy.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats! on this apple approval and working effectively with limited options so soon after BK and getting that rebuild moving forward.

Thanks! I was shocked when Credit One didn't completely throw me to the wolves in terms of fees, and even more shocked when Cap One let me back in less than a year after burning them for about $10k.

I've heard the Mercury can be a grower, as well as the Apple card, so I'm excited. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval, and your rebuild! Keep it up and you'll have progressively better cards/offers.

Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, enjoy the card Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your iFruit approval!!!

Message 9 of 12
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approval. 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.