Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card and US Bank Altitude Approvals

tag
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card and US Bank Altitude Approvals

@whocares wrote:

You are 100% correct.  With Capital One Auto Navigator, the APR is displayed based with the vehicle listing, HOWEVER the dealer can mark up the APR for profit.  That is why it is important if you do choose to use Cap1 Auto Navigator, you do various searches to compare the APRs across dealers for the vehicle you are looking for. I performed a search just now to demonstrate the difference.  OIder car, more miles, and lower price yet has a higher APR than the newer model:

apr-example.jpg

The Pre-Qual amount should really be the least item to be concerned with.  The APR tied into that amount is what should matter most to people.  In my case with Cap1, the APRs for used cars is around 3.5% which isn't the best but it certainly isn't sub-prime.  Always shop around for financing just be conscious of the potential hard pulls.  Since this was a SP Pre-Qual, I was curious what Cap1 would offer in comparison to my credit union.  Pretty close.

I totally agree. I went in with an interest rate from my credit union. Wanted used to let someone else take the depreciation. I let them try to match the CU, I should have gone with my first instinct and just walked the check over to them from the CU. Appreciate the visual.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.