Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card

tag
BMW_328i
New Contributor

Apple Card

Good day, I got approved for an Apple Card but it's only at $1,500. The M1 I want is $3k- is there a back door number to get an increase?
Starting FICO 8s | 01/2020: EQ 495 ✦TU 471 ✦ EX 505
6Month FICO 8s | 06/2020: EQ 576 ✦ TU 533 ✦ EX 543
7Month FICO 8s | 07/2020: EQ 598 ✦ TU 530 ✦ EX 567
12Month FICO 8s | 01/2021: EQ 606 ✦ TU 589 ✦ EX 576
15Month FICO 8s | 04/2021: EQ 634 ✦ TU 613 ✦ EX 598
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈🍾 on your Apple Approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 22
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@BMW_328i wrote:
Good day, I got approved for an Apple Card but it's only at $1,500. The M1 I want is $3k- is there a back door number to get an increase?

From my understanding, Goldman Sachs has been difficult in gauging their patterns other than running heavy use and heavy payment through the cards appears to help grow this card "just like CAP1".   However, to answer your question - there's no backdoor to reconsider a credit line increase and all has to be routed through the "Apple App".   Through the app it's an automated system and eventually a live person takes over the chat eventually but ultimately they're not allowed to override and is all dependent of the GS Computing models (what ever that is) to make and finalize all decisions.    Sorry not the answer you were hoping for but that's what my research demonstrates from everyone's experience on these boards.........oh, and personal experience too since my wife has this card we've also be living it.   In our personal case, my wife hardly uses it runs up a balance then pays off by end of month.....appears GS doesn't like that behavior since there's been no CLI in over 1.5yr for her.     Anyhow, everyone on here has a different experience hoping yours may render better fruit.  BTW you can request as many CLIs as you want since they're SPs at the end of the day. . Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 22
CreditCardNinja
Established Member

Congratulations on your approval. Just use it regularly and pay off  the balance monthly. You're good in few months CLI will come your way. Use your card almost maxing out. But you have to pay off before cut off date. So that it wont be reported to the credit bureaus. 

Message 5 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

There is no backdoor number that I am aware of, there is some good advice given on what to do. Grats on your approval Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
Libra85
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your Apple Card approval. 

October 2021
Message 7 of 22
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 8 of 22
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Apple approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 9 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your Apple approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.