cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval: Chase Disney Premier credit card!

tag
catherine412
Established Member

Approval: Chase Disney Premier credit card!

Hi, everyone! I just got approved for the Chase Disney Premier credit card. It's my first card with Chase ever, and my first Premier card. (I currently have Capital One Quicksilver, Discover IT, Nordstrom store card, ULTA store card, and Victoria's Secret/Bath and body works store credit card. I don't carry high balances on any of them. Capital One keeps trying to upgrade me to the SavorOne card left and right, in my email mailbox and in my regular mailbox but I just don't feel like that's a good fit for me right now....I see a big focus on dining with the SavorOne card and I rarely ever eat out to eat. We have one young child, and due to family members all still working full time we almost never have a babysitter...we are only able to eat out without our child like 3 times a year and so I don't feel that SavorOne is worth it for me yet and I haven't taken that upgrade.).

I'm hoping that someone can tell me a little about the Disney premier credit card and their personal experiences with it. I do see that there's a small annual fee. I think the savings might just outweigh the yearly fee though, we are planning a Disney Cruise with Disney cruiselines for next year and I hope to save a little bit with the card. I do see potential money off of airline tickets which would be good. I do see 10% off of cruise ship shopping which might be worth it. (We don't vacation every year, more like every other year but we typically spend at least 1k every time on soiveniers--I am planning on doing a lot of cruise ship shopping.) 

We do do Disney on Ice every year. I'm hoping to make Disney cruise vacation a thing once every other year. Are there any other benefits that I'm missing?

I'm not 100% certain but I think you can use the card on everyday purchases as well as outside of Disney related stuff. The Chase hot line says that I've been approved and that my card will be here within a couple of days. I was only given a credit line of 6,600.00 but I don't see that as a big problem for my small family of only 2 adults and 1 child--I might make the card just a way to slightly save on Disney vacations and pay it off right afterwards.

Let me know your personal experiences! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: Approval: Chase Disney Premier credit card!

Congrats on your Chase Disney Premier approval

Message 2 of 11
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. There has been some discussions that this card seems to be one of the harder Chase cards to get. The Premier has an AF of $49. I'm a fan of Disney. I haven't been on a cruise but, in the parks they do offer a special photo op with the cash characters and a free pic. For a lot of people, that alone is reason enough to keep the card. 

They do offer some special financing offers on Disney vacations and cruises. I think you get 10% off on Disney purchases of $50+. I think you also earn 2 Disney dollars on purchase made at Disney, versus the 1 Disney dollar on the card that doesn't have an AF. 

Earnings outside Disney are only 1% on either card. While maybe not the highest earnings, it's still a good card for Disney folks. 

JR
Message 3 of 11
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Congrats on your first Chase card, but nothing extraordinary about it saying "premier".

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 11
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

I don't have personal experience with this card, but one of my good friends is ALL IN on Disney and her entire extended family uses it as their daily driver. It sounds like you have enough Disney recreational events that it would be worth the annual fee. Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Congrats on your first Chase card, but nothing extraordinary about it saying "premier".

It's part of the card name, so I am not quite sure what's up with your comment.

There is nothing "preferred" about Chase Sapphire, yet you spelled it in your signature.

Why use "Prime" by your Amazon card instead of just Chase Amazon???

In other words, your comment was completely out of line and uncalled for. 

Message 7 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Disney Premier approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on approval!

I originally applied for the standard Disney Visa, but I have received offers to upgrade to Premier and a $50 incentive to make any purchase for doing so.   I've actually accepted this several times, so it's sort of a game with me and Chase that seems to waste a lot of plastic.   When I get hit with the AF, I downgrade.  I wait until I get the offer and then upgrade.  Repeat over and over.

At one point, I called in and just asked them to waive the AF.  They didn't, so I just downgrated and waited for the next offer.

I've received many good spend offers over the years with the Premier version, often up to 5% on various categories.   Since I'm a regular visitor to WDW (my DH is a DVC member), the Disney points definitely get spent.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 11
fullacrobat5
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Disney Premier credit card Approval!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.