Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals Post Ch7 BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approvals Post Ch7 BK

In the past 8 months, I've been approved for the following--

1. Capital One MC (applied 2 weeks post discharged) - SL was $500 and increased to $2500 after 6 months. Was supposed to go to $1000 after 6 months but I charged and paid off large balances each month for that intro period.
  2. Discover It Card (applied 1 week ago) - Approved for $2000 SL
  3. Capital One Venture One Card (applied last night) - Approved for $1000 SL. I check pre-approval on Cap 1 card and qualified for the Quicksilver. Took a gamble and applied for the Venture One as I wanted a travel card and surprisingly was approved.

-Wanting at least 1 store card and I'm done for at least the next 12-18 months. Was preapproved using the SC trick on Victoria's Secret. Tried to apply but was advised 7-10 days. Hopefully I receive an approval. They were IIB but I did not have a balance with them for quite some time before filing. I'll be gardening for at least the next 12-18 months. Would like to keep my inquiries low.

For Reference

I'm 1 year post Ch 7 filing (Aug 2018) and 8 months post discharge (Dec 2018). My current scores are--

• Equifax 648
  • Transunion 638
  • Experian 647
15 REPLIES 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Approvals Post Ch7 BK

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much! I thought I was fairly credit savvy minus the BK (bad financial decisions in my 20s) but the information I’ve gained as a lurker on this forum has been invaluable!!!
Message 3 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks so much! I thought I was fairly credit savvy minus the BK (bad financial decisions in my 20s) but the information I’ve gained as a lurker on this forum has been invaluable!!!

Look's to Me like you are doing a great job!Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your continued success and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratulationsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!!!

Message 7 of 16
padme
Established Contributor

Amazing.. Congrats.  Many have been there where you are, some have faired worse. Might wanna try for a costco, bestbuy, maybe even Amazon visa card. Watch the board and plan ur next move, just saying. started in 2014 from BK7, just passed over 250k. anything is possible.

Message 8 of 16
Hex
Valued Contributor

I would not advise going for the Amazon Visa card because Chase is not known to BK friendly. The Sync version is a possibility though. You are doing great!
Message 9 of 16
Hex
Valued Contributor

Also Bestbuy and Costco are Citi and I think 1 year post BK is too soon for an approval for even a cobranded Citi Card.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.