cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Amex BCP! Now I need help with my Gold...

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

Approved Amex BCP! Now I need help with my Gold...

https://i.imgur.com/OK3O7ET.png

Was pre-approved for Amex BCP with $300 SUB for $2k spend over 6 months.

https://i.imgur.com/mxgJpcy.png

Applied online, instant approval with a soft pull and no SL provided yet on their site or in email. Pretty excited though, this has been one of my goal cards for a very long time!

Will be using that for the 3% back in gas most definitely, and now I am trying to decide what to do with my Amex Gold... right now it's nice because I can use its dining credit, but with the 6% cash back at grocery stores, it will most certainly trump the Gold's benefits.

I am most certainly open to suggestions and wisdom from the community members that have multiple cards with AFs. Thanks Smiley Happy

Info Points:

20% Util (stacked up my discover with medical bills with 0% APR)

0 lates

5y5m AAoA

edit: chatted in to ask about the SUB, the site says two things, $300 at $3k spend, and $300 at $2k spend. He said wait to get the card to see what is required. While in chat, I asked about my SL. $25k!

https://i.imgur.com/0Bl78hg.png

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Approved Amex BCP! Now I need help with my Gold...

Congrats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BCP approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval 👍

How long have you had the Gold Card? If you don't see it as sustainable for the long term (given your BCP approval), then you might consider downgrading to the Green Card, but you'll have to do the math to see if that's a good fit for your needs.

Do you currently hold a sizable amount of MR points?

Message 4 of 24
Azza
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

How long have you had the Gold Card? If you don't see it as sustainable for the long term (given your BCP approval), then you might consider downgrading to the Green Card, but you'll have to do the math to see if that's a good fit for your needs.

A year, about. Right now I have 93,435 MR points.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 5 of 24
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex approval!!

Message 6 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Azza wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

A year, about. Right now I have 93,000 MR points.

Well, you definitely don't want to close it or downgrade before the year is up. Typically, the recommended timeframe for doing so is after the AF posts. Any plans for your MR points?

O/T -- it looks like your signature still displays the Blispay Visa -- that's gone/RIP. Some folks reported it no longer reports.

Message 7 of 24
Azza
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Azza wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Well, you definitely don't want to close it or downgrade before the year is up. Typically, the recommended timeframe for doing so is after the AF posts. Any plans for your MR points?

O/T -- it looks like your signature still displays the Blispay Visa -- that's gone/RIP. Some folks reported it no longer reports.

Hah, well I had plans for them, but now I'm going to pilot school to become a commercial pilot, so free flights are in my future. However, I might still continue to save them for a splurge "free" trip with my wife in three years. Smiley Happy

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 8 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Azza wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Azza wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hah, well I had plans for them, but now I'm going to pilot school to become a commercial pilot, so free flights are in my future. However, I might still continue to save them for a splurge "free" trip with my wife in three years. Smiley Happy

Sounds like a plan. If the Gold Card's AF is of concern, then you can entertain downgrading to the Green Card so you can preserve your MRs. Definitely weigh your options when your Gold Card's AF comes up for renewal.

Message 9 of 24
Trini88
Established Contributor

Congrats on your BCP approval! 

Goal Cards:
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.