Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 2 Amex Revolvers in One Day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 2 Amex Revolvers in One Day

Hi all,

I'm pretty giddy right now. My credit journey has been rough, and only within the past 6 months have I really been tackling my credit issues. In December 2020 I applied for and received a Capital One Platinum ($1k limit), which was my first credit card since a charge-off five years ago. I recently upgraded it to a Quicksilver, which was great. As I've kept up payments and addressed other derogs on my credit report, my score has drastically approved (706 FICO Experian today, up from ~550 in December).

I was booking a flight and saw that Delta is offering a $200 statement credit if you apply for an Amex Delta Gold. The next step in my credit journey was to apply for this card, so I figured I'd shoot my shot. Lo and behold, I was approved with a $6k SL. I fly Delta often and have been wanting this card for a long time, so was happy to receive it. As I was setting up my Amex account, I figured I'd check to see if they had any other prequalified offers for me. The page displayed a prequalified offer for the Blue Cash Preferred, the other Amex card I've been dying to get. I had heard that Amex will only approve 1 card every five days, but I figured since it was displaying as an offer I had a pretty good shot of getting it. So, still flying high from my Delta Gold approval, I hit the apply button, and was approved! Still a little in shock I was able to get two of my goal cards so quickly in one day, but I'm happy to be in at Amex.

So any other eager folks out there going on an Amex spree, it's possible!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Approved for 2 Amex Revolvers in One Day

Nicely done, grats on the two that you can really use Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Golf-and-Credit
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the double dip! That BCP is a sweet card! Hoping to jump on it soon!

Experian FICO 8: 826/2 inq’s 1/12, 3/24
Equifax FICO 8: 820/3 inq’s 1/12, 3/24
Transunion FICO 8: 821/2 inq’s 0/12, 2/24

AMEX Platinum: NPSL
AMEX Gold: NPSL
AMEX Everyday Preferred: $22,500
Capital One Quicksilver: $5750
Numerica Credit Union Platinum: $2000
Military Star: $8300
1% utilization
Message 3 of 14
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your 2 approvals and all your credit journey progress!

Message 4 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 5 of 14
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex approvals

Message 6 of 14
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on both cards! Whats your CL on BCP? Also, what tips would you recommend to others to help fast track their credit rebuild?

Message 7 of 14
cpascal

Congrats on your double approval!! Smiley Very Happy

Equifax - N/A
TransUnion - 746 [10/21]
Experian - 744 [10/21]

Current Cards:
Discover IT (09/19)
AmEx Green (05/21)
AmEx BCP (05/21)

Desired Cards:
Chase SP
Schwab Investors Card
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GrandBay wrote:

Congrats on both cards! Whats your CL on BCP? Also, what tips would you recommend to others to help fast track their credit rebuild?

The CL on the BCP is $4k, pretty much about what I was expecting/hoping for. Kind of a trip to go from $1k in available credit to $11k total in one day.

My credit rebuild journey is a little unusual, since I had some defaulted student loans that finished rehabilitating last month. So a big portion of the increase was due to that. I also had one USAA charge-off and one bill in collections. After requesting validation on the bill, the collections company renoved it from my reports, which also helped. I guess my advice would be: pay on time, keep utilization low (mine is around 3%), and challenge everything (unfortunately goodwill letters did not work for my USAA charge-off, but at least it'll drop off in two years).

Message 9 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.