Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Gold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex Gold

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I was recently approved for an Amex Gold with the following stats:

Experian: 690

TU: 711

Equifax: ???

3 HP in the last 12 months

My other two cards are an Apple Card and a Discover Student It. Average account length is about a year and a half. No negative accounts/delinquent debt but I have student loans on my report that I'm working on paying down. I was preapproved for the Hilton Honors and the other Amex travel cards, but I thought I might as well ask my buddy for a Gold referral link and see what happened. I'm currently a student in college and if anyone wants to know other details, let me know! I was super confused going through the credit process while in school and I'd love to help people out even though I've still got some work to do on mine.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Gold

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Amex Gold! Definitely was my favorite card in my wallet pre COVID and still very useful even in these times as well. Treat Amex well and they will treat you well too. 

Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard great things about Amex and I'm super happy to get my foot in the door with them!

Message 6 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard great things about Amex and I'm super happy to get my foot in the door with them!

Congrats!  I love my Gold card.

Enjoy all the benefits and rewards that come with the card 🤑

Message 7 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the great approval.  It's a great card that is often a long-term keeper for a lot of people.  Hopefully you can reward yourself with some free travel after graduation or between semesters.

Message 8 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Hopefully by the time I graduate we'll all be able to travel safely...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.