Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Hilton Ascend

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Approved for Amex Hilton Ascend

been on the fence about this one for awhile but figured it would be a card i'll use to reestablish my relationship with Amex. i would use the 10 priority lounge passes for sure and the 150k Hilton points for meeting the sub will go towards a nice vacation for the family. 

prequals showed Gold, EDC, BCE. 5k SL

for those that have this card, do you have to sign up for Hilton Honors program separately or will Amex do it for you? currently it shows "Hilton Honors number not available"

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Ascend

Congrats! I love this card, it earns pretty quickly too. I’m not sure about the HH program as I had an HH account years before I got the credit card but I’m thinking you’ll need to make one and then add the number to your card account. Hopefully someone will confirm/deny.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 13
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

had a chat with CS. they said to give it 48hours before Amex assigns me a Hilton # or I can also sign up for a Hilton # and they can add it to my Amex Hilton card. i think the latter option is best because then you'll have direct access to your Hilton account that way. i didnt see a way to manage your Hilton account or any login details on the Amex backend. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Amex Hilton Ascend

Congrats on your Amex Hilton Ascend approval! They will assign you a Hilton Honors account number if you don't have one. You will get a email to setup your Hilton account soon. You don't need to create one. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

had a chat with CS. they said to give it 48hours before Amex assigns me a Hilton # or I can also sign up for a Hilton # and they can add it to my Amex Hilton card. i think the latter option is best because then you'll have direct access to your Hilton account that way. i didnt see a way to manage your Hilton account or any login details on the Amex backend. 

You can ultimately call Hilton to get your account set up with the number that is assigned to you by the AMEX card. That is what I did. 

Message 6 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

Message 7 of 13
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Screenshot_20190711-215538.jpg

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 8 of 13
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Man I'm digging your line up of cards. Was thinking that mine might look that way but now I'm leaning more towards cards that will earn MR points. They are more useful for me given the airlines I fly. Probably have some orphan cards bc of the good bonuses though 😅😅

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 9 of 13
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Urggg, wasn't it the Surpass a long time ago? I'll probably be one of the last batches of Ascend cards. Can't wait for the confusion of "but sir, these benefits are for the Surpass cards. You have the Ascend..."

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.