cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BlockFi but denied from USAA and Harbor Freight (Sync)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for BlockFi but denied from USAA and Harbor Freight (Sync)

Approved for BlockFi, heart pounding but boom. I tried to apply for USAA again for the 2rd time after I received USAA offers. Not exactly pre-approval but just offers. I have auto insurance with USAA since 2011 and home insurance since 2018. Great insurance but they simply don't like my credit profile.

blockfi2.JPG

April 15th Scores:

EQ 9: 817 (NFCU)
TU 8: 823 (Barclay)

EXP 8: 784 (Experian.com), down 7 points from 791  from Apr 13th.

Utilization: 3%, up 1% from Apr 13th.

3 HP before Apr 13th

4 HP on Apr 13th. Gemini and Discover approved. 1 HP from Discover but not sure about Gemini yet. Cap1 CLI denied.

4 HP on Apr 14th. Denied pre-approval from Harbor Freight (Sycn). They approved me few months ago for $1500.

4 HP on Apr 15th. BlockFi approved. Right after BlockFi application, I applied for USAA but denied.

6 HP on Apr 15th as of now from BlockFi and USAA, unless they haven't update them right away.

For updates Apr 17th:

I received HP from BlockFi ( EVOLVE BANK TRUST/DESE ) and Smiley Sad USAA today. No HP from Gemini yet.

Still not quite sure how USAA works. It could be I have too many HPs. I like the 5% gas cash back up to $5000 per year with 11%+ APR under Amex. First time I was denied due to undesirable credit but listed as 730s on their letter I think.... it has been a while. The only messed up on the credit was $2.00 balance because of HSBC buy out from Cap1 and auto payment being wiped out. I was out on the field with no cell service but oh well. There were some corrections on all credit bureaus for several months but EQ decided not to wipe off the late balance but they did put down the note from me.  However two years later, they pre-approved me of auto loan for $40,000 for 12.99% APR (2014) which I didn't take. I took Chrysler offer, ~3.3% (first truck), >$66k (couldn't remember the exact amount).  I will try to contact USAA if they give me some leniency (lol) on my credit application. Back to gardening for another 9-10 months or so. I gotta slap myself for even thinking about applying for another credit. I will wait for another 9 years to check my luck with USAA.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Approved for BlockFi but denied from USAA and Harbor Freight (Sync)

Congratulations on your BlockFi Card approval!!

Message 2 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent SL on the BlockFi, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BlockFi Visa approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 12
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 6 of 12
DesertWanderer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your great approval!

Message 7 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for BlockFi, heart pounding but boom. I tried to apply for USAA again for the 2rd time after I received USAA offers. Not exactly pre-approval but just offers. I have auto insurance with USAA since 2011 and home insurance since 2018. Great insurance but they simply don't like my credit profile.

blockfi2.JPG

April 15th Scores:

EQ 9: 817 (NFCU)
TU 8: 823 (Barclay)

EXP 8: 784 (Experian.com), down 7 points from 791  from Apr 13th.

Utilization: 3%, up 1% from Apr 13th.

3 HP before Apr 13th

4 HP on Apr 13th. Gemini and Discover approved. 1 HP from Discover but not sure about Gemini yet. Cap1 CLI denied.

4 HP on Apr 14th. Denied pre-approval from Harbor Freight (Sycn). They approved me few months ago for $1500.

4 HP on Apr 15th. BlockFi approved. Right after BlockFi application, I applied for USAA but denied.

6 HP on Apr 15th as of now from BlockFi and USAA, unless they haven't update them right away.

Still not quite sure how USAA works. It could be I have too many HPs. I like the 5% gas cash back up to $5000 per year with 11%+ APR under Amex. First time I was denied due to undesirable credit but listed as 730s on their letter I think.... it has been a while. The only messed up on the credit was $2.00 balance because of HSBC buy out from Cap1 and auto payment being wiped out. I was out on the field with no cell service but oh well. There were some corrections on all credit bureaus for several months but EQ decided not to wipe off the late balance but they did put down the note from me.  However two years later, they pre-approved me of auto loan for $40,000 for 12.99% APR (2014) which I didn't take. I took Chrysler offer, ~3.3% (first truck), >$66k (couldn't remember the exact amount).  I will try to contact USAA if they give me some leniency (lol) on my credit application. Back to gardening for another 9-10 months or so. I gotta slap myself for even thinking about applying for another credit. I will wait for another 9 years to check my luck with USAA.

WinningSmiley Happy. Nice job againSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BlockFi approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @DesertWanderer , @AverageJoesCredit and@CreditAggie !

For updates:

I received HP from BlockFi ( EVOLVE BANK TRUST/DESE ) and Smiley Sad USAA today. No HP from Gemini yet. It looks like I definitely have to stop any application for the next 9-12 months.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.