Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for CSP!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Approved for CSP!

So I applied for CSP and BCP about 6 days ago and didn't get an instant approval. Many of you helped me out greatly and gave me really invaluable advice as well, and I really appreciate it.

Just had an update from Chase. I called recon on Sunday, and they told me to call back on a weekday to talk to verifications department, and so I stayed up all night, just to call them and got off the phone 5mins ago. They verified my address and some basic background info, and told me I got approved for 9000CL! I asked him if rushing the card was possible, and he said the card should arrive within 24-48hours. I also tried to sneak in and asked if its possible to increase my Amazon visa CL using the same pull, but he told me to speak with cardmember services for that, so no go on that I suppose. 

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Now.....just waiting for my BCP that's still pending and I'm done for all apps for the foreseeable future if I'm approved for that as well.

EDIT: Just tried calling recon again to ask if it's possible for a higher CL. I was told I will need to call card services to request that and it will be another HP. So no go on that as well haha

Another update: Called Amex.....declined even after recon. Was told my auto loan account is too new and reported balance is too high (reporting at 100% owed since this is my 1st statement even though I already paid down 95% of it), so the CSR advised me to just wait for a few months and also for my balances to update. Oh well. At least I still got my CSP!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for CSP!

Congrats! Are you and your gf still thinking about the Discover it card?

Message 2 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks!

She is probably going to apply once her auto loan and credit cards report her new balance to the CRAs, which should be sometime this week.

If I get declined for the BCP then I probably will apply for Discover and *hopefully* spend the next 6 months or so before I try my luck again for the BCP.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 12
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

NICE!!!

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 4 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Holy moly!!! Nice!!!! That's so exciting! I'd apply now, but I want a nice limit like yours!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Great card congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 12
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thats awesome!! Congrats on a great card!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 12
ElCamino
Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Have you thought about getting one of Amex's charge cards first perhaps like the Green in order to establish a relationship with them?

They waive the AF for the first year anyways, so use it for a year and then app for the CSP. Once they approve you for the CSP, cancel the Green before the second year AF kicks in.

Edit: I've also seen that the Gold card has similar acceptance rates to the Green, so you could try for the Gold alternately.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.