cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Delta Amex Gold now what...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Delta Amex Gold now what...

Pretty shocked that Amex let me back. I applied 6 months ago and was denied. Had the last card a defaulted on with them in 2010 fall off. I received a 75K bonus sign up. $3K in 30 days is a breeze for me due to travel. 

My SL is $4.5K. What should I do now? Since I applied should I app for another card tonight? Will it be a single pull if I do in the next couple hours? Am I reading this correctly that on day 61 I should call and ask for a CLI or should I hit the button? If I pound this card hard is there a chance to get more than 3x CLI? I spend about $65K a year on work expenses. I can funnel that through this card for a while if it will help run up the limit. Also, there is no hope for me calling and asking for an increase on the same day that I was approved? Thoughts?

I was approved with 666-662 per MyFico. I have 9 derogs and a satisfied PR. The 9 derogs are all paid. I also have 6-8 inquires. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Delta Amex Gold now what...

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty shocked that Amex let me back. I applied 6 months ago and was denied. Had the last card a defaulted on with them in 2010 fall off. I received a 75K bonus sign up. $3K in 30 days is a breeze for me due to travel. 

My SL is $4.5K. What should I do now? Since I applied should I app for another card tonight? Will it be a single pull if I do in the next couple hours? Am I reading this correctly that on day 61 I should call and ask for a CLI or should I hit the button? If I pound this card hard is there a chance to get more than 3x CLI? I spend about $65K a year on work expenses. I can funnel that through this card for a while if it will help run up the limit. Also, there is no hope for me calling and asking for an increase on the same day that I was approved? Thoughts?

I was approved with 666-662 per MyFico. I have 9 derogs and a satisfied PR. The 9 derogs are all paid. I also have 6-8 inquires. 

Lolz, Love your name though.. On point.. WHATHAVEIDONE Hahahaha

Congrats on the approval.. Profile fell off the crack? LOL, Just read that this is the easiest card to get approved on the Amex line.

Do you know where did they HP? TU, EX or EQ

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lolz, Love your name though.. On point.. WHATHAVEIDONE Hahahaha

Congrats on the approval.. Profile fell off the crack? LOL, Just read that this is the easiest card to get approved on the Amex line.

Do you know where did they HP? TU, EX or EQ

2010 was a bad year for some of us. They will all drop by June. I am thinking EX, but I haven't been alerted yet. I'll let you know when I am. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to stay away from Amex for the time being. They have been hitting my EX score with HP from denial to approval. Thank goodness they don't HP for CLI. I've been getting denied.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Enjoy your card. 

OHMYWHATHAVEIDONE! LOL! Like Erick_mac, I love your screen name. So cool.

When I eventually bite the bullet to apply for an American Express, I will go for the Delta Gold. Looks like a cool card to have.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Enjoy your card. 

OHMYWHATHAVEIDONE! LOL! Like Erick_mac, I love your screen name. So cool.

When I eventually bite the bullet to apply for an American Express, I will go for the Delta Gold. Looks like a cool card to have.  

Me too.. I think it would compliment my Korean Skypass miles. Skyteam Affilliation.

I mean I have the JetBlue Mastercard right now, but I need another Airline card for International Travel.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.