Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto CLI: Apple Card (Goldman Sachs)

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Auto CLI: Apple Card (Goldman Sachs)

I have searched, but for the life of me cannot find the Goldman Sachs Apple Card DP's Thread, so I'm posting here. Mods, feel free to move into that secret thread, lol.

I received an email this morning my Credit Limit increased to $4k.

DP's:

• TU FICO 9 - 750
  • 11/2019 - SL $3k
  • I have attempted many CLI's since then, with all of them being declined to state - "The proportion of your credit limit you have used and paid is not sufficient."
  • Recently financed an iPhone and Apple Watch
  • Current Card Balance - $1,800 (0% Financing)
  • Auto-CLI - $4k CL

Question:

1. Will this Auto-CLI throw off the ~90/day resting period before another CLI? I was scheduled to request another CLI in January 2021.

Comments:

• I'm aware Goldman Sachs likes to see heavy spending before giving a CLI; this is why I financed the iPhone and Apple Watch to increase my spending, taking a UTIL hit temporarily for the love of a CLI. After seeing them only give me a $1k increase, I'm a bit frustrated with their ways, lol.
  • They won't be getting any heavy spending from me as designated for my AMEX CC's and the USB CC. So I guess they either adapt to giving out CLI's to people with good scores and history, or I'll just be stuck on baby limits with them...
  • I love the ability to finance 0% for 6, 12, or 24/months, so I'll be keeping the CC, lol.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Auto CLI: Apple Card (Goldman Sachs)

Congratulations on your PCLI!

Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your auto luv Smiley Happy Dont do business with them so dont know what their rules are on CLIs.

Message 3 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! on your new CLI.

Message 4 of 15
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 5 of 15
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Upon looking on reddit, it sounds like A LOT of people got CLI's last night. Some were like $1k and some were upwards of $7k

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 6 of 15
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Matt9543 Yup, I saw people getting the emails this morning around 0100hrs. I'm bummed I only got $1k, but I guess I still haven't "spent" enough money with them to justify a higher limit.

Totally being a credit limit snob, I would like to keep my balances below 30%, preferably below 9%, and I'm typically financing an iPhone and Apple Watch yearly. Maybe an iPad in 2021, so they need to get their algorithms fixed, lol.

Message 7 of 15
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Matt9543 Yup, I saw people getting the emails this morning around 0100hrs. I'm bummed I only got $1k, but I guess I still haven't "spent" enough money with them to justify a higher limit.

Totally being a credit limit snob, I would like to keep my balances below 30%, preferably below 9%, and I'm typically financing an iPhone and Apple Watch yearly. Maybe an iPad in 2021, so they need to get their algorithms fixed, lol.

I didn't get any increase, still stuck at $1,150. SoFi card approved me for $8,500 though with 2% so I can use that one to pad my utilization if necessary. 

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 8 of 15
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I didn't get any increase, still stuck at $1,150. SoFi card approved me for $8,500 though with 2% so I can use that one to pad my utilization if necessary. 

Ugh, and I'm complaining, sorry to read! IIRC this will help with our overall aggregate utilization but not individual account utilization, obviously. 

Message 9 of 15
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

Congrats on the auto CLI!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.