Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACK w/ AMEX! BCE 5 yrs post BK7

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BACK w/ AMEX! BCE 5 yrs post BK7

Huge congrats, my friend!  screamer.gif

I was able to get back in with them a few years ago, and I know first-hand the feeling of obtaining something that was once assumed to be forever out of reach... it feels great!  Smiley Very Happy

My own 'come back' got off to a rather slow start - I genuinely thought I was going to be 'stuck' at my BCP starting CL of $1k forever - but eventually they did start giving me auto-CLIs. 

I still have yet to get approved for a user-requested CLI (they always deny based on my BK 18 years ago) but their auto-CLIs have been generous for my spend level and they don't seem to have any issues approving new cards or installment loans now.  I doubt I'll ever have the 'mega' credit lines with them that some have, but I have more than enough to cover my spending level and in any case there's other cards for 'padding'.  Smiley Wink

Enough of my rambling... welcome back to Amex!  screamer.gif

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Feels good to be back doesn’t it?

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 33 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks so much everyone!! I appreciate all the support and kind comments! You all are awesome!Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 39
Express
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
CL $408,200
Message 35 of 39
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just wanted to give a quick update on my act....

My apr is the highest, 24.99%, which Im not surprised given the barely approval to begin with, and when I created my online act, and went to my home page.....I had a $60 credit there!! Don't know why either, but heck Ill take it!!Smiley Happy

I already had a statement cut for this month, since it took 18 days to get my replacement card. First card took forever to get, so they cancelled it, and sent out a replacement (after 3 phone calls in to CS from). Statement cut and I never even got the card, LOL..

Also, I forgot to mention in my first original post, since I barely got in with the approval ($500sl, no 0% on purchases or BT, no bonus no nothing), that maybe part of the approval was also because Ive had a savings acct with them for about 6 months.

I don't know if that played any part in my approval or not, but when I logged into my act it said I had two acts with them. Was hoping they approved the green card, but when I clicked on the acts tab, my savings act popped up!

Ive never received any communication from them about my card being enrolled in credit steps since my card approval, and it has now been 21 days since approval, so Ill assume that its not. (fingers crossed)

Im toying with the idea of still trying for a CLI at the 61 days, but also considering waiting 91 days. Ill also be charging my card to max literally every month, and PIF before statement cuts, so they can see I need a higher credit line. Will see if my plan works or not. If it does, you'll see me in approvals soon! Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pizza1 wrote:
Just wanted to give a quick update on my act....

My apr is the highest, 24.99%, which Im not surprised given the barely approval to begin with, and when I created my online act, and went to my home page.....I had a $60 credit there!! Don't know why either, but heck Ill take it!!Smiley Happy

I already had a statement cut for this month, since it took 18 days to get my replacement card. First card took forever to get, so they cancelled it, and sent out a replacement (after 3 phone calls in to CS from). Statement cut and I never even got the card, LOL..

Also, I forgot to mention in my first original post, since I barely got in with the approval ($500sl, no 0% on purchases or BT, no bonus no nothing), that maybe part of the approval was also because Ive had a savings acct with them for about 6 months.

I don't know if that played any part in my approval or not, but when I logged into my act it said I had two acts with them. Was hoping they approved the green card, but when I clicked on the acts tab, my savings act popped up!

Ive never received any communication from them about my card being enrolled in credit steps since my card approval, and it has now been 21 days since approval, so Ill assume that its not. (fingers crossed)

Im toying with the idea of still trying for a CLI at the 61 days, but also considering waiting 91 days. Ill also be charging my card to max literally every month, and PIF before statement cuts, so they can see I need a higher credit line. Will see if my plan works or not. If it does, you'll see me in approvals soon! Smiley Happy

You continue to be an inspiration my friend!  Smiley Very Happy  headbanger.gif

Possibly the credit was due to the card having to be resent?  Like you say, though, no point in looking a gift horse in the mouth! 

I feel ya on the APR... my BCP is 'up there' as well:

BCPrate.png

For comparison, the rate on my Everyday is "only" 17.49%.  (Better but still 'meh'.)

I've never tried to have the BCP rate lowered.  Honestly I would never use that card to carry a balance anyway, and I have plenty of places to BT to even in an emergency so there's little to gain other than an ego boost, which I'm fine without in this case. 

My take is that I got 'back in' with Amex also by the skin-of-my-teeth, and there's no point in 'poking' them for no reason.  This might not be right for everybody, though... I'll never discourage anybody from trying (and in time I could always change my mind, anyway.)

I believe you will find them to be responsive to heavy usage, but it might take a little while; my auto-CLI took around 18 months to come (I had basically given up) but it did happen (twice even), and I'm now finally able get user-initiated CLIs as well (which I figured would always be out of reach.) 

I'm glad I was patient with them... it was definitely worth the wait.  Smiley Wink  Again, great job!  screamer.gif

Message 37 of 39
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Know its a different card but that credit could be for having to resend that card.....

Citi gave me a smaller credit for having to resend my DC right after i recieved it.....

Went to read the number and i literally brushed off the last digits on the card....

Congrats on the bonus for your trouble =)

-J

Message 38 of 39
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations AMEX is my goal by Christmas time them and chase it’s a start 😊😊
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.