Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Clear Points Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass Clear Points Approved

6 acts past 12 months
10% reported utilization
Per a letter BBVA mailer yesterday 760 EXPERIAN FICO and 735 Experian Vantage scores
No baddies
12 inquiries, give or take
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the pre qual letter as well. I have over 20+ inquires on each bureau. Can’t seem to stay in the garden longer than 3-6 months. Just bought a house in May and the mortgage posted last month. I also have 20+ new accounts showing in the past year or two. All of that said, I figured what the heck... what’s another inquiry gonna hurt, lol. I applied Sunday night and received the approval email today, so I called. $12,000 limit!!!!

My highest bank card limit is $4500 - Citi Aadvantage. But I have $6000 Walmart and $5000 Lowes (from religiously requesting CLIs. Both went from $300 to 5000 on the first CLI request!) I have a ton of others ranging from $500 to $3000.

My scores are 686 TU, 668 Ex, and 670 ish Eq. 12% util. Have some chargeoffs from 2013 and lates from 2015-2016 (Cap One 120+ but managed to not get those two charged off).

I started my journey in the mid 400s back in 2015-2016, and I had never had a card over $4500 limit, so I’m super stoked! All the hard work has definitely paid off.
Message 12 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE... I figured out how to register online and was messing around in the app after the clearpoints approval. Turns out I pre-qualified for the BBVA Compass rewards card as well. Figured why not... BOOM! Instant approval, Another $12,000 limit. I couldn’t find anything on anyone applying for two within a week. I hope they don’t shut them both down lol.
Message 14 of 21
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I got an email from BBVA on Sunday, two in fact.  One stating CONGRATS, you should get the card in 7-10 days, the other stating that I should have my card by now and feel free to start using it?!?

Still don't know limit or interest rate, but it's belated good news!

Congrats Cincydavid.  I can't even apply for any of their cards from Cinti.  I have the BBVA Amex but that's all that is available to me Smiley Sad

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Approval.  

Message 16 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just did a prequal through my app. I already have two cards with them.

It says I'm pre-qualified for another. The 1.5/2.0% Cashback CC. Just got the Compass points card 2.5 months ago. Maybe next year I'll take them up on the offer!😆

Screenshot_20181004-055943.png

Screenshot_20181004-055236.png

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

MRe: BBVA Compass Clear Points Approved

I got a prequalified mailer for the BBVA clearpoints yesterday. I have had my eye on this card for a while. I am supposed to be in the garden. Should I go for it? I have three new cards. I am wondering if I should hold off on it for a while or go for it?
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How far apart did you get the two? How long have you had them? Makes me nervous that I got approved for two stupid high limit cards compared with what I have now. Like maybe it was a glitch? I know they’re not the same, but a while back I got approved for a bunch of comenity cards and they closed down the two bank cards they gave me and last store card within a month of the approval... with no charges posted to any of them. Couldn’t find much of BBVA other than the people having issues with payments/customer service. I’ll just pay mine as soon as the statement cuts. Figure that will take care of that problem. Lol

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MRe: BBVA Compass Clear Points Approved

Go for it! I couldn’t really find any denials with the pre approval letter. With all my new accounts and inquiries in the last 2 years (I can’t seem to quit), I was shocked I was even approved, let alone with such a high limit(s).
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.