Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in with SYNC!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in with SYNC!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am so excited! I have been on a rebuilding journey since May of this year I have been studying this forum (mostly the rebuilding section) paying off old debts from being irresponsible. I burned SYNC a while ago (Almost 6 years now) on several of their cards, but I have been paying off my old collections being responsible and paying on time and in full (on most cards). And today I bit the bullet after previously been turned down by SYNC for any of there cards for a few months and applied for the Amazon Store card because I know that I would be using this card often.

And today I got a $800 Amazon Store card!!  Doing a happy dance and taking good care of this card!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Back in with SYNC!!

Good job.  Enjoy !!!

Message 2 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

OK OK OK.... Congrats on the approval.... now it's time to face the music though.  

Time to stop apping for STORE cards.  Yes, it's an approval and can build payment history but, this isn't going to keep getting better as you add more store cards.  

Take some time and set some goals here for your financial future.  Let your current accounts age for a year to boost your chances of getting what you really want in your wallet not what they'll give you.  Keep your foot on the brakes when it comes to shiny new plastic and work on the CLI side of the curtain to boost your limits.  Once you start seeing some serious CLI movement you're getting into that position to app for V/MC/AX/DS logo'd cards that actually will put you where you want to be.  

As you know with Synch CLI's are pretty easy when your TU scores bounces past 700 and then call CS for the boost.

Then once you start getting approved for new major cards you have to cancel 2 store cards for each approval to thin the herd.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely not applying for anything new for a while. I have set some major goals for myself and I know that I can get there. I have been working hard to repair my past and I don't want to mess up what I have now. I plan on closing out a few of the store card (I got most of them at the beginning of my rebuild and haven't got anything new or applied for anything new in several months with the exception of this card).

I am hoping by next summer I can get in with a major back and close out the Credit One. I have to wait until January to try for a Capital One unsecured card (thank you 6 month rule). But I think that I am going to wait until the summer to even apply for that.

Thank you for the advice I truly value all of the advice I have gotten from here.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woot! Amazon is the best!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.