Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Becu

So usually with the good credit unions I have missed the open ways to join(looking at you NFCU) but I stumbled across Becu a few days ago . Never heard of them . Read they were a Washington credit union but if you lived in select counties in Idaho you could get in . Figured I would check and lo and behold I happen to reside in one of the right counties in Idaho (and after being geo restricted from bb&t and a few other banks it felt pretty good to finally be in the “right “ location lol) so I decided to join . It was super simple to open a checking and savings account . No deposit required and no hard pull . Then looked at their cards and decided to go for the cash back visa and my very first time applying for a ploc . Both apps went to pending , 2 separate Tran hard pulls. Figured review was normal for credit unions but they had a option to check loan status on my account page so I clicked on it and it showed my 2 apps. I clicked “view” for the visa and it immediately said approved for 6k, conditionally that I e sign the application which I did . Easy . Then checked the ploc and it still said review and to check back in 24 hours . The next day I did that and to my surprise it was approved for 10,000(what I asked for ). No verifying identity documents or poi. Overall very pleased with Becu so far!!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Becu

Batting 1.000 Smiley Happy NoiceSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BECU approvals!

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, getting both out of them at the same time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your $10K

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's actually easier than this.  A donation to the friends of some Northwestern Foundation gets you in as a member in all 50 states.  I became a member specially wanting a no frills Visa with a low APR.  Got $8,500 @ 11% (was about 1 point away from the 9% APR).   No POI.  I wanted to keep this one as a secret so it would not blow up and become the FOTM.  I've been a member and had my card a short while now so I don't fear them reconsidering my CC due to lots of new MyFICO accounts.  Wish paying the CC bill was a little more simple though.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Girlgeorge I didn’t have to make a donation because I reside in one of the qualifying counties . So it was very simple , just had to open a checking and savings which took 5 minutes and I plan to move money from penfed over to Becu savings . All in all it seemed painless . 🤗🤗
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im still waiting for them to call me i was calling them every other day to see what they want they said they are reviewing me they havent asked anything from me so far but no news either its said my accounts are locked and they will contact me from security department
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vlad that’s odd. But possibly they just need to verify you since you have to talk to the security department . I imagine when you do they will lift the hold and you will be good to go. Good luck and I hope it all works out in your favor !!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to make update its been a month and i still wait for the review to be end i called today and they still reviewing they havent requested any documents from me or anything and keep telling there is no timeframe for this
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.