Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze MC Approved

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Blaze MC Approved

I know this card does not get love here and I understand why - not all offerings are any good from them.

However, I received a mailer - went ahead and applied on Saturday.  Instant approval but no CL info.  Called in to get the details:

Initial Limit $2,500

Annual Fee $50

APR 29.9% - this doesn't matter to me as it will be paid in full.  According to the cardholder agreement it is a 28 day grace period so if I use it right I have nothing to worry about on interest.

Overall I am happy with the approval.  I don't have a lot of choices - I burned Cap One for $26k and they aren't having it yet lol.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Blaze MC Approved

Congrats, you are well on your way back!

Robot Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not bad! Congrats on a decent SL. $50 AF isn't too bad either for a rebuilder card. Some go upwards of $150 bucks.

Message 3 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not bad! Congrats on a decent SL. $50 AF isn't too bad either for a rebuilder card. Some go upwards of $150 bucks.

I am not adverse to annual fees for rebuilder cards.  Credit One for my card is $39 - 1 week post discharge.  After the second statement cut it went from $500 to $700.  Can't complain there.

It is obviously a long way from my old Citi, Amex and NFCU $25k credit limits but it is a start.  

Message 4 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Can you provide any data points, i.e. FICO at the time you applied?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 11
sccredit
Valued Contributor

FICO 635

Income $130k

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats. At least you know what you are getting and know you'll climb the hill again. I must admit it is one of coolest sounding credit cards on the market. Just BlazeSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 9 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

For a notoriously subprime lender who fees the heck out of folks... Thats actually a pretty good deal for a rebuilder card.... Key point is the fee is not too bad, and it HAS A GRACE PERIOD..... and even the APR for that class of card isn't terrible... there are prime cards that come close to that.... Usually id be like.. Hmm do you have other options but really thats a good start for a rebuilder type card..... esp from them....

Congratulations

-J

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.