cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP 1 QS1 NON-SOLICITED CLI - DID MY BUCKET GET DUMPED INTO A BIGGER BUCKET?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP 1 QS1 NON-SOLICITED CLI - DID MY BUCKET GET DUMPED INTO A BIGGER BUCKET?

@Anonymous, I think the technical explanation is that you escaped being put in a starter bucket to begin with, i.e. you were issued a card with the ability to grow. Four-digit Capital One limits stand a chance of growing.

Keep using this card each and every month. And call in every month to see if there are upgrade offers. QuicksilverOnes are notoriously hard to upgrade, but there's evidence that consecutive months of usage might trigger offers. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 QS1 NON-SOLICITED CLI - DID MY BUCKET GET DUMPED INTO A BIGGER BUCKET?

Congrats!

Credit steps can be up to $2000. I haven't really heard of QS1 cards escaping the bucket like Platinum cards can but I am sure there are people who have.

Rebucketing takes a long time with Capital One. My $300 Plat/QS took from 3/2014 til 3/2018 to grow to $8250 and Capital One was my only lender from 2014 til 11/2017 when I got the Ollo card - I had my QS and PlayStation so they were getting all of my spend. Better off just getting a better card rather than waiting for Capital One to shuffle your bucket around.

Message 12 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"Has anyone else had this type of increase from a starter bucket?"

I have read just a couple success stories, mostly they put a TON of HeavyLifter spend    ..to get.Smiley Wink

Congrats to ya, Mr.ScooterSmiley Happy

Happy Labor to get a CLI day!

Thanx! All I put on it is $6.06/mo for my SiriusXM subscription!

You gott'er all "Dialed in" with that planSmiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m totally satisfied with a $2K limit on this card, as it isn’t my daily driver. I stopped using it before because of the low $500 limit, but now it actually has a decent limit.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

I have the cap1 platinum card. I got it in 10/17. I had a collections on my account and no credit cards. They approved me for $300. 3-4 months later they auto cli to $500. Card has been stuck there ever since. 2 days ago I went online and asked for a cli. I got a whole $100 increase.

I think about closing it as now I have some great cards with decent limits but they are my oldest account and gave me a shot when not many would. Again congrats on your success

Edit: forgot to mention I also had a 90 day late. I emailed the ceo and explained what happened and they deleted the lates. Them doing that for me was the reason I was able to get these other cards as my credit scores went from the 500’s to the 700’s. It’s hard for me to look at what they have done for me and say screw you I’ll close my account. They didn’t have to do anything they did.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.