Did you mean: 

CITI LUV Button

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: CITI LUV Button

@dodgerslv wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

Congrats, I requested CLI and was denied because my account is too new Smiley Sad

congrats to OP, sorry to hear that Rush, how long had the account been open cuz i got a 3000 CLI when my Simplicity was 3 months old. It was a HP of course (EQ) but was approved.

CITI

opened Mar 06 2013

However I am carrying a large balance, So that's more of a reason to deny me. It actually said something along the lines of them needing to see how I can handle the $1,000 before a CLI is approved.

Message 11 of 19
annebythesea
New Contributor

Congrats! I just got a SP from Citi a few weeks ago so I know the feeling. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 12 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

I see the LUV botton, does CITI warn you if it requires a hard pull?

Message 13 of 19
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

They DO NOT warn you. They just say "Citi will require a credit check" or something along those Lines. After you submit, it will tell you if it was a hard or Soft pull. 

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 14 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

@john398 wrote:

They DO NOT warn you. They just say "Citi will require a credit check" or something along those Lines. After you submit, it will tell you if it was a hard or Soft pull. 

To see if I could get around this issue of not known beforehand, I called a rep.  She first looked to see if there was an "offer" in the system.  When there wasn't, she said that if she proceeded there could be a HP.   So it might be worth trying this route if you want a Citi CLI.  If you are lucky, you get one with a SP, if no offer you can decide if you want to continue...

Message 15 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

@john398 wrote:

To see if I could get around this issue of not known beforehand, I called a rep.  She first looked to see if there was an "offer" in the system.  When there wasn't, she said that if she proceeded there could be a HP.   So it might be worth trying this route if you want a Citi CLI.  If you are lucky, you get one with a SP, if no offer you can decide if you want to continue...

ok I think I will just wait...thanks for the info

Message 16 of 19
Express
Frequent Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

I've had my Citi Simplicity since December with a limit of $500. I didn't know where to locate the Citi LUV button, so I went to the online Chat and asked - Found the button, Requested 1,000, they countered with $700 Bringing my total to $1,200. WITH a Soft Pull. I'll take it! 

Onward and Upward! Smiley Happy

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 17 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

I've had my Citi Simplicity since December with a limit of $500. I didn't know where to locate the Citi LUV button, so I went to the online Chat and asked - Found the button, Requested 1,000, they countered with $700 Bringing my total to $1,200. WITH a Soft Pull. I'll take it! 

Onward and Upward! Smiley Happy

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 19
isilon01
Valued Member

Congrats!

Chase Sapphire Preferred: 33k | Chase MP Exp: 25k | Barclay WM: 15k | Discover: 14k | Citi TYP: 15k | Cap1 QS: 6k | WellsFargo: 7k | Amex BCE: 20k | Amex Platinum: NPSL

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.