Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Approval! (dirty file w/ DPs)

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

CSP Approval! (dirty file w/ DPs)

I'm super stoked - I was approved for a CSP!  I told myself I wouldn't apply until April, but I couldn't help myself.  I need to start buying flights for a couple of trips, and wanted to get a travel card if possible.

No offers on the preapproval page, app'ed anyway.

I applied Sat 3/2 and initially got a generic email ("we'll let you know") and the robolady said "30 days."
I called Sunday and it still said 30 days.  I called Monday and still 30, but I called that night and robo lady said "Congrats!" and that I should receive the card in 10 business days and I was so shocked, I made the message replay 4 times.   I called again Tuesday morning just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Hard pull:  EQ & EX
EQ:  FICO8 697, 4 INQ/12m, 8 INQ/24m, AAoA 6y 9m (5 good current accounts, 4 derog accounts, oldest open/good account 8m)
EX:  FICO8 710, 2 INQ/12m, 4 INQ/24m, AAoA 4y 7m (5 good current accounts, 3 derog accounts, oldest open/good account 8m)
No previous relationship with Chase (unless you count a Subaru auto loan from 2006).

SL: 17,000 (I was expecting the 5k min!)

Not bad for someone who couldn't get a secure card from the major banks 8mos ago Smiley Happy 

What I found interesting was Chase's in house scoring - My "Card Acquisition Risk Score V2" is 727.  Chase referenced EQ as the bureau they used.
The "key factors that adversely affected my score" are 1. Length of time since oldest credit card established 2.  Average age of credit cards and 3.  Number of requests for new credit in the past 24 months.
No mention of delinquent accounts - both EQ has old, defaulted student loans and collections -  DOFD is 9/2012 (or 10/2012), so I wonder if Chase stops counting bad accounts after a certain age (before the 7 years?).  I thought it odd that they not be listed as a factor, honestly.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Approval! (dirty file w/ DPs)

Congratulations! 👍
Message 2 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  That's a really impressive starting line.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

“So you’re telling me there’s a chance...” lol

Congratulations!!! Very nice SL! 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post, calyx. Thanks for the excellent DPs. 

And Congratulations! on a sweet approval. 

Message 7 of 30
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Whoa, that’s an impressive approval! Congratulations 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good for you , give Chase the dirty dirtySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on a very nice SL.
Yep, start packing those bags and singing in the rain. This is an awesome approval.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.