Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One AND Citi showing some love!

tag
sdoonan
Contributor

Cap One AND Citi showing some love!

Hey all,

The past couple weeks have been excellent for my credit limits. Earlier this month I spoke with the Capital One Executive Office and managed to get my Cap One Student card bumped from $750 to $1000; this morning I logged into CitiCards to prep for a balance transfer and saw an offer to check for a credit line increase. It was the short form without a credit inquiry; after entering my information, I got an offer to double my CL from $1000 to $2000.

Needless to say, I took it without hesitation. =)

My credit has improved massively from where it was just a year ago, and I'd like to that you guys here on the forum for helping out with that, which I'm sure is what led to these increases.

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One AND Citi showing some love!

Nice, Congrats on the increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't see a place to even ask online so guess that means it's not available? that could really help in deciding if it's something anyone should request

Message 3 of 5
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, it's rare to see Cap One CLI success stories, lol!  So Citi gave you a CLI without a hard pull eh?  That's nice.  Where did you see the offer to check for a credit increase (with no inquiry)?  I'd love to get a CLI on my Citi Forward with only a soft.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 4 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Cap One is really working with people thats great

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.