Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Walmart MC CLI - DP Inside

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap One Walmart MC CLI - DP Inside

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally broke through to the 700 club after paying down some cards. I've been approved for three different $5,000 limit (store) cards in the last few months. I really only meant to get two, but oh well. Anyhow, with my new score and the banks looking like they are being happy again, I asked Cap One for a CLI....a WHOPPING $100. I run enough money through it, about $1500 a month to warrant at least that. I don't know what their deal is, but if Apple gives me a good CLI on my 91st day, Cap One is getting tossed in the trash or a sock drawer.

FICO: 706ish across the board. BK 7 4.5 years ago. Several new accounts in last 2 years.

This is the wrong card to play the cli game with. They are amongst the stingiest lenders who have ever cobranded with such a monster Retailer imo.  Wally was better off with SyncSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
Mischa
Contributor

$100 is pretty typical from Cap One these days from what I've seen. I recently received the same measly CLI from them. Congrats on getting something at least! 

Do you use Walmart grocery pickup a lot? Although the baby limit on that card is my lowest I can't complain about the 5% back. I earn rewards faster through that card than any other (even if I do have to cycle through it). 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally broke through to the 700 club after paying down some cards. I've been approved for three different $5,000 limit (store) cards in the last few months. I really only meant to get two, but oh well. Anyhow, with my new score and the banks looking like they are being happy again, I asked Cap One for a CLI....a WHOPPING $100. I run enough money through it, about $1500 a month to warrant at least that. I don't know what their deal is, but if Apple gives me a good CLI on my 91st day, Cap One is getting tossed in the trash or a sock drawer.

FICO: 706ish across the board. BK 7 4.5 years ago. Several new accounts in last 2 years.

I wouldn't waste putting spend on Cap 1.  It will grow slow so it's not worth it.  I would put my spend on Apple which will grow alot faster and by bigger numbers than Cap 1 will ever do.   I got Apple back in Feb started out at 3500k.  Put some spend on it mostly for small things like lunch, grocery store then a 900 buck auto repair bill which I paid off days later.   Hit the love button the other day and Apple took me up to 10K!    That will never happen for you fooling around with Cap 1.  They give you a few hundred bucks here and there so save your spend and put it on Apple trust me.

Message 13 of 15
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! I would keep it around and use every 90 days towards a new toothbrush or rainy days when you cannot make it in to WalMart. I am not 100% sure about that particular CapOne card but its most likely bucketed. Keep it around - since it lacks an annual fee - to help age your file. FYI: I am an AU on my mother's and its been stuck at $6k since it converted to CapOne.

Message 14 of 15
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I have the same card as well for about 90 days now, I refuse to pull the request cause of the low CLIs...waiting to see if the tide turns with others. Congrats tho!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.