Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 has Unsecured me :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 has Unsecured me :)

@Anonymous wrote:

Two years is a loooooonnnnng time to wait for unsecuring. Of course, forever is even longer. I’d love to get another Cap1 card, but their triple pull policy has me gun shy. I was hoping to PC my secured card when it unsecures, but am becoming discouraged. It just reported my 11th month ... all PIF and on time. Not on the unsecuring. 

If I remember correctly I believe capital one starts reviewing for graduation beginning at 11 months, so hopefully you'll get some good news soon Heart

I know they've said that they're going to be reviewing ALL secured accounts for graduation but I've seen plenty of people with older ones still secured after a couple years, I think accounts from 2016 or 2017 and on are all on the 11 month policy though (that's not when it'll definitely unsecure obviously, just when they'll START reviewing, I think they'll just continue to do so every month until they see whatever it is they're looking for, and who knows what that is lol)

Message 11 of 22
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your unsecuring!  That's amazing!!

I have to admit to being jealous.  I've had my C1 Secured with a $500 CL for two years now and they won't do a thing about it.  They keep trying to get me to apply for their other cards.  When I talk with them about unsecuring the card, they keep saying it's "against their policy" even though I have cited that others have had it done.  I don't want to close it since it's my oldest, but when my Sony hits two years, I'll probably close the C1.  I'm tired of PIF each month and getting nothing out of it.  And I don't want to apply for another one of their cards because I don't want the three HP from them. 

Enjoy being in the promised land.  You have been chosen as one of the select few.  LOL

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 just unsecured me! I’m so excited! I received the notice this morning, which is 5 days after my 11th statement posted. A wonderful way to start the new year!

Message 13 of 22
boomkattack
Established Member

Congratulations!

Starting Scores: EQ 573 | TU 562 | EX 574 (7/2017)
Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ 699 (10/2021) | TU 718 (10/2021) | EX 703 (10/2021)
Goal Score: 750+

Amazon Prime Store - $6000 | CapOne Platinum - $1050 | Mission Lane Visa - $750 | Express Store - $750 | JCrew Store - $750 | CapOne Quicksilver - $700 | Forever21 Store - $250
Message 14 of 22
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 just unsecured me! I’m so excited! I received the notice this morning, which is 5 days after my 11th statement posted. A wonderful way to start the new year!

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 15 of 22
arenglish
New Contributor

That's awesome! Congratulations.

@Anonymous wrote:

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday, I tried the online luv button for a CLI. I was denied saying that this account had a credit line change recently and so I was not eligible for a CLI.

This morning, I engaged in an online chat with Cap1 and simply asked how I might check to see if I qualified for a PC. The rep I talked with was very nice, and now I’ve been PCd from the Plat to the QS. This really is a great way to start the New Year! Of course, I won’t get the sign on bonus, but that’s fine with me. Everything stays the same, just a reclassification of the card. The card number, account age and CL all the same. I believe the rep said the expiration date will be different on the new cards, which will come in 7-10 days. And I can continue using the old card until the new one arrives!

Message 17 of 22
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Awesome!

Cap One can be very generous.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, I am waiting for the same results, I sure hope I'm next!!! 😊
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you are, too. Good luck!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.