Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 7-10 Day message after app - Updated: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One 7-10 Day message after app

@Anonymous wrote:
@soupy they did a hard pull on all 3 credit bureaus. That’s one of the negatives about their app process.

Thanks for sharing the info on the 3 bureaus, and a MIGHTY BIG congrats on the approval!! Hoping for the MONSTER CL for you :-)

Message 21 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One gets a lot flack over pulling all three CRs but I think it allows them to give larger SLs by having a more complete profile of the applicant.

To this day, no one else has giving me a $30k SL.  My highest SLs besides $30k were $10k each and two or three of those were Cap One.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai, I applied for this card like 8 days ago and I got a call saying i need to verify my ID.

I verified it and im still waiting.. I recently started rebuilding my credit and its almost 600 but not quite.

Experian website put this card in front of me saying that for my credit score, i should apply for this card.. I see most of you

on here have like 700 or something so im wondering what my chances are.

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t like to be negative but I think a score under 600 is not likely to get the venture card. Platinum maybe. You should call the application status line. Automated system will tell you. I wish you luck!
Message 24 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Venture has a minimum of a $5,000 limit. 

Do you have any other cards close to that limit?

I think under 650 is going to be pretty difficult regardless of income or DTI ratio.

Did you look at Cap One prequal page?

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually got approved. Score is 581. 

Message 26 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually got approved. Score is 581. 

You got approved for a $5,000+ SL Visa Signature Venture Card with a 581

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nuuu there's been confusion. I got approved for Quicksilver card. Sorry.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats glitter! Do you have many open derogs? What’s your starting line? Congrats!!!

Edit: figured it was not the venture. Still very nice!
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually dont have much debt. I took care of my student loans and desputed some crap that i had

no knowledge of and it brought my score up. When i applied for this card, my score went up like 15 points it was weird. And thanks Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.