cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SavorOne Approved! First Capital One card.

tag
Creditsen
Regular Contributor

Capital One SavorOne Approved! First Capital One card.

Capital One SavorOne approved for $30,000. I have no history with Capital One so I was really pleasantly surprised!. This amount is double my previous CL. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One SavorOne Approved! First Capital One card.

Congrats !

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Do you have any DPs to share? Income, age factors, etc?

Message 3 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Cap One Savor One approval and monster SL!

Message 5 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval.. Think that is the highest i have ever seen on the Savor One, although have seen that amount on the normal Savor CC.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG congrats!

Message 7 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 8 of 17
Creditsen
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Current FICO is 793 for Experian but I am sure it will go down on my next update as I applied for this card and 2 others at the same time.

I am 30 years old with a relatively short credit card history. I had just a student loan until I was 26. I paid for everything in debit or cash besides the loan up to this point. Both my parents and I thought having me on their credit card was adding to my credit history (this is what we were told by the banker) but I did an online score check at creditkarma and found it was not! I had no credit history besides the loan and took catching up very seriously. 

I looked around and read that Chase is a solid company to start with because they don't like lots of credit inquires and I was basically blank slate. So in 2016 I applied for Chase Freedom and was approved for $1000. My credit score at this time was in the 600s. At the time I was making $50,000 and living in a high cost of living city and renting.

9 months later when my score went up to the low 700s and I applied for Chase Sapphire (this was the goal card and part of the reason I started with chase) and was approved for $12,000. I move to a much lower cost of living city and made closer to $65,000 I held onto these two as my only cards for the last two years.

I recently got a new position in a new city and am now making $70,000 and I updated my information on Chase. Chase either noticed increased spending and/or the increase in salary gave an auto credit line increase to the Sapphire (Now $15,000) and the Freedom ($1500).  This month my credit was hovering between high 700s for FICO and 730s for Vantage. I applied for 3 different cards since my wedding and honeymoon are upcoming and I wanted to be able to take advantages of travel and cashback opportunites and possibly raise the CL. I was hoping to start to form a relationship with companies outside of Chase since they are the only company I have a relationship with for credit. I had heard Capital One had really great ratings and is more generous than some for their credit limits. They were way more generous than I was expecting! The other two cards I got this month were Discover IT Cash for $2,700 and Amazon Prime for $5,000. I think I need to garden for another 2 years since I did so many pulls at once but I eventually would like a Citi card and Amex. My partner is in the military, though, so I need to research new cards that may be available to me once we are married. 

I hope this info is helpful to anyone else! I was really freaked out when I was entering my late 20s and had no credit history. Especially nervous because 30s are when I expected to start looking into big purchases like homes and a new car etc. I came to this forum and a few others and followed advice and I feel like it is really paying off. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditsen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Current FICO is 793 for Experian but I am sure it will go down on my next update as I applied for this card and 2 others at the same time.

I am 30 years old with a relatively short credit card history. I had just a student loan until I was 26. I paid for everything in debit or cash besides the loan up to this point. Both my parents and I thought having me on their credit card was adding to my credit history (this is what we were told by the banker) but I did an online score check at creditkarma and found it was not! I had no credit history besides the loan and took catching up very seriously. 

I looked around and read that Chase is a solid company to start with because they don't like lots of credit inquires and I was basically blank slate. So in 2016 I applied for Chase Freedom and was approved for $1000. My credit score at this time was in the 600s. At the time I was making $50,000 and living in a high cost of living city and renting.

9 months later when my score went up to the low 700s and I applied for Chase Sapphire (this was the goal card and part of the reason I started with chase) and was approved for $12,000. I move to a much lower cost of living city and made closer to $65,000 I held onto these two as my only cards for the last two years.

I recently got a new position in a new city and am now making $70,000 and I updated my information on Chase. Chase either noticed increased spending and/or the increase in salary gave an auto credit line increase to the Sapphire (Now $15,000) and the Freedom ($1500).  This month my credit was hovering between high 700s for FICO and 730s for Vantage. I applied for 3 different cards since my wedding and honeymoon are upcoming and I wanted to be able to take advantages of travel and cashback opportunites and possibly raise the CL. I was hoping to start to form a relationship with companies outside of Chase since they are the only company I have a relationship with for credit. I had heard Capital One had really great ratings and is more generous than some for their credit limits. They were way more generous than I was expecting! The other two cards I got this month were Discover IT Cash for $2,700 and Amazon Prime for $5,000. I think I need to garden for another 2 years since I did so many pulls at once but I eventually would like a Citi card and Amex. My partner is in the military, though, so I need to research new cards that may be available to me once we are married. 

I hope this info is helpful to anyone else! I was really freaked out when I was entering my late 20s and had no credit history. Especially nervous because 30s are when I expected to start looking into big purchases like homes and a new car etc. I came to this forum and a few others and followed advice and I feel like it is really paying off. 

Now THAT is how you build a strong profile! Congratulations! 👏 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.