cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 Bypass CSR Approved!!!!!!!!!!

tag
ohundred
Valued Member

Chase 5/24 Bypass CSR Approved!!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

I was at my local Chase branch last week, and while filling out my deposit slip at my banker’s desk he told I was pre approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I asked him at what APR and he said it was 16.24

I declined to apply because I knew I was at 5/24 not including my Chase business card which I opened in May of this year.

After doing some research on various forums, I read a branch pre approval could bypass the 5/24 rule.

Earlier today I went to the branch to make a deposit and decided to apply...

The Verdict

$16,500 SL

16.24% APR

I also have a Chase Freedom which I opened in January of 2015 which started at $2,200 and now sits at $13,000

If your over 5/24 and you have a branch pre approval with a fixed APR, chances are you’re going to bypass the 5/24 rule. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 Bypass CSR Approved!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Lots of data points on the website that list if you're pre approved in the branch you could potentially bypass the 5/24 rule.. but that's in branch only..
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

16 your magic numberSmiley Wink congrats and enjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ditto to what AverageJoe said.

16.24% APR

$16.5k SL

Congrats!

I'm way over 5/24 right now after my most recent AppSpree, and I don't frequent going to the branches cause most of my deposits are mobile or direct anyways. I really want the Freedom Unlimited, so looks like I'm going to have to Garden until 2018. LOL!

Message 4 of 8
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

3 years ago, I walked into a Branch and told them I was moving my money to my Wells Fargo account since that was where I had a mortgage, a checking, 2 savings, 2 credit cards and an auto loan. They said what would make you stay here, I said if you guys would actually approve me for one of your CC's, They approved me for the Chase Freedom in 2 minutes with a CL of $1,000. 1 year later they up my limit to $2k auto CLI. 2 years later and they still haven't upped my limit and I app'd last month for the CSP, declined. Mind you I just took all my money out of my Wells Fargo account after selling my home and they shut down my WF CC with a $3800 limit for some reason they couldn't share with me (probably related to all the fraud going on at WF). I put all my net profit into my chase account $33k and they still won't approve me. Spent $1500 a month on that card for 3 years. only one CLI. Never missed a payment. I add my wife as an AU 3 days ago and now I get an email saying they are sending ME a new card in the mail....is that for my wife or did they finally pull their heads out of their you know what and bump me up? Has anyone else seen this before?

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put my parents as AUs on my CSP and I got the same e-mail. It's really for the AU though. I had to call customer service to get the clarified and the rep confirmed that it was indeed for the AU.

Have you checked the prequals site, see if anything comes up?

I would go into the branch and see what they say.

There's probably something in your credit reports too that you may not know about.

Hope it works out!

Message 6 of 8
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Says they're unable to locate any offers for me at this time. I guess I have to wait. 

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's really good!

Do you know who they pulled for that card and roughly what your FICO numbers are?

If not for this summer's spree it would have been a drop in the bucket to visit a branch nearby but still letting that dust settle first.

Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.