Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP Approved

Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase AARP Approved

It's ok. I believe Chase likes to double pull. If you have signed up for Credit Karma to monitor your TU and EQ reports you usually get alerts if they pull a credit report. Quite possible they pulled Experian but maybe also TU. You can get a free monthly Report from Experian too at their site.
Message 11 of 17
Highlighted

I just checked Credit Karma and it's still showing 0 hard inquires in 2 years.

That can't possibly be right, can it?

I just got my Best Buy Card in November also.

Message 12 of 17
Highlighted

Nevermind I found it.

According to Credit Karma,  I have 0 hard inquiries on TransUnion and 2 hard inquries on Equifax (One from Chase and one from my employer from last year)

So I should wait for one of these inquiries to fall off before I apply for another card, right?

Message 13 of 17
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on approval and nice SL

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@meantang wrote:

Thanks again to all of you for the tips and advice.

I just applied for the Chase AARP Card and got instantly approved with a 5700 CL.

3% back on gas AND Dining seemed awesome to me in addition to the 200 back For for 500 spending in first three months.

The only downside is I will feel a little weird as a 23 year old making purchases with an AARP card lol.

You can just say you're an AU on someone else in the family lol

FICO 8 Scores EQ 704 / Goal 750, EX 706 / Goal 750, TU 724 / Goal 750

FICO 9 Scores EQ 726 / Goal 750, EX 683 / Goal 750, TU 726 / Goal 750
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@meantang wrote:

Nevermind I found it.

According to Credit Karma,  I have 0 hard inquiries on TransUnion and 2 hard inquries on Equifax (One from Chase and one from my employer from last year)

So I should wait for one of these inquiries to fall off before I apply for another card, right?

You 9nly have 2 hps on Eq and 0 on TU, so most likely they pulled Ex. But you do not need to wait until these fall off. Hps lose their significance after 1 year and f as ll off your report in 2. A couple inquiries is normal and should not impede you applying for another cc should you feel you need another.

Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
New Visitor

I'd like to know if AARP card has a minimum credit score and if you have 100 pay on time with BK do they approve.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.