Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Approval $5K, over the 5/24

tag
sre2094
Established Member

Chase Amazon Visa Approval $5K, over the 5/24

I just got approved for the Chase Amazon Visa with a $5000 limit. I have read everywhere that chase is strict with the 5/24 rule, with that said they pulled Experian (721) no lates but I am over the 5/24. As of right now I was 8/24 with one of those The Amazon Syn Card three days ago. The strange thing is I was making a purchase of some truck parts and did the prequalify for the Chase Amazon three days ago and it said I was not qualified so I applied for the Amazon card instead to get the $60 gift card and use the special financing. Tonight I was just for some reason on there again and did the preqaulify again and it said I qualified this time so I submitted and was approved for $5000 plus got a $100 Amazon gift card. Thanks to everyone on this board, I do not post often but I read a lot on here, what a great community it is.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Approval $5K, over the 5/24

NICE!

There is lots and lots of discussion with respect to the Chase 5/24 Rule.  Seems like mostly this is strictly enforced *BUT* that there are exceptions | one-offs and you seem to be on the good side of that conversation!

And, I could not agree more.

I started reading the posts in this forum only a few short months ago and the knowledge that I have gained.....I was a credit ignoramous (100% no doubt about that).  I had ZERO clue to how this all works (might be part of my username in this forum.....maybe?  ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY).

There are a lot of really smart and helpful people....people who give their time to help us rookies.  I hope to learn as much as possible and to give back as well.  "Pay it forward" is strong with me (long story there....will just keep it at that).

Anyway, congrats on the approval!  Perfect example of "you miss all the shots you do not take", right?

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
sre2094
Established Member

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

NICE!

There is lots and lots of discussion with respect to the Chase 5/24 Rule.  Seems like mostly this is strictly enforced *BUT* that there are exceptions | one-offs and you seem to be on the good side of that conversation!

And, I could not agree more.

I started reading the posts in this forum only a few short months ago and the knowledge that I have gained.....I was a credit ignoramous (100% no doubt about that).  I had ZERO clue to how this all works (might be part of my username in this forum.....maybe?  ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY).

There are a lot of really smart and helpful people....people who give their time to help us rookies.  I hope to learn as much as possible and to give back as well.  "Pay it forward" is strong with me (long story there....will just keep it at that).

Anyway, congrats on the approval!  Perfect example of "you miss all the shots you do not take", right?

Exactly.

Message 3 of 17
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@sre2094 

Congrats👍

Were you just shopping on Amazon and this popped up?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 17
sre2094
Established Member

@Jnbmom wrote:

@sre2094 

Congrats👍

Were you just shopping on Amazon and this popped up?

No it was on the product page I was intending to buy, right below the cost of the item to apply and get $100 gift card if you are approved, I clicked on that and on the next page it had the prqualify link, I did that first then submitted. Strange thing is It said I was approved for $5000 and I just logged into my Chase account and it shows $5800.

Message 5 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats my friend for your approval.

Message 6 of 17
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Amazon approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Amazon approval Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Amazon Visa approval

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.