cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval, Wow!

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval, Wow!

Sweet! Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 23
SuperGotenks
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! That is an awesome SL and APR. Can you provide your data points?

Received an alert from Experian that Chase did a hard pull of my Credit Report.

EX Score is 765

Average Age is yrs 9 mos

1% Utilization

Income 125k

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW congrats, love that Chase LUV! What was your highest CL otherwise?

BofA Better Balance Rewards at 14k - 14.99% APR

Citi Double Cash at 13k  - 15.24% APR

Citi My Best Buy Visa at 15k - 15.24% APR

PayPal 2% Cashback Rewards at 10k - 16.99% APR

Thanks, everyone!

$40,000 - Amazon Prime Rewards Visa
$35,000 - Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa
$34,500 - Citi Double Cash Mastercard
$30,000 - American Express Cash Magnet
$21,000 - U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa
$20,800 - Comenity Playstation Visa
$20,000 - Capital One Quciksilver Mastercard
$14,500 - Discover it Cash Back
$7,500 - Google Store
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on not just the approval but the SCL!!

Message 13 of 23
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP. I'll be app-ing for this card late next Summer once I'm back under 5/24--then if approved I'm going to send my 3.5 year old high APR low limit Freedom packing. Hopefully I'll have results similar to yours. I may not get $23K--but anything over $10K would work for me.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SuperGotenks!
If you don’t mind me asking what’s your history with the Best Buy Visa? Your limit is one of the highest I have seen. I spend a ton with on my Best Buy card ever year, PIF except for 0% deal which I have had a lot of, have had it for 6+ years and barely ever get auto CLI’s. I never request a CLI because of the hard pull, but might be worth it.
Message 15 of 23
SuperGotenks
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks SuperGotenks!
If you don’t mind me asking what’s your history with the Best Buy Visa? Your limit is one of the highest I have seen. I spend a ton with on my Best Buy card ever year, PIF except for 0% deal which I have had a lot of, have had it for 6+ years and barely ever get auto CLI’s. I never request a CLI because of the hard pull, but might be worth it.

I've had the Best Buy card since 2009. It was under HSBC when I got it and it was a Mastercard. Then it went from HSBC to Capital One back in 2011. Then in 2013 it went from Capital One to Citigroup and they changed it to Visa. I never received an auto CLI with any of them.

My original limit was $2,000, then I asked for 10k and they gave it to me. Later, I asked for $15k and got that too. Both were hard pulls via Equifax. I have a PS4 Pro and a Xbox One, so i'm always buying games, DLC and PSN/XBL codes with the card. The 6% rewards (Elite Plus) combined with the double points from Gamers Club Unlocked earns me a load of points each month, so it's well worth it to me. I might run a Switch and some games through it soon.

$40,000 - Amazon Prime Rewards Visa
$35,000 - Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa
$34,500 - Citi Double Cash Mastercard
$30,000 - American Express Cash Magnet
$21,000 - U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa
$20,800 - Comenity Playstation Visa
$20,000 - Capital One Quciksilver Mastercard
$14,500 - Discover it Cash Back
$7,500 - Google Store
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks. I love the Elite Plus and all the points/offers that come along with it. I never cared for Best Buy until I got their card and started banking rewards. I just got the Switch for the kids for Christmas. I had to try out Mario after they went to bed to make sure it was safe and all.
Message 17 of 23
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CFU!  I am about to apply for one and CSP same time then apply for Installment loan for approx $9K.

I've had Citi BestBuy Visa $3000 CL since April 2017 and my only other card is a Merrick Bank Vias (secured) $1500 CL since Jan 2016 (FICO avg is 733) .. I was told you need 6months before asking for CLI on this card... 

How long before you asked for your first increase ?

What is a safe amount to ask for if they've started me at $3k and i've had 20% Util.?

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval...very nice!!

Message 19 of 23
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CFU!  I am about to apply for one and CSP same time then apply for Installment loan for approx $9K.

I've had Citi BestBuy Visa $3000 CL since April 2017 and my only other card is a Merrick Bank Vias (secured) $1500 CL since Jan 2016 (FICO avg is 733) .. I was told you need 6months before asking for CLI on this card... 

How long before you asked for your first increase ?

What is a safe amount to ask for if they've started me at $3k and i've had 20% Util.?

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.