cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom flex and Amex Platinum 150K SUB Instant approvals!

tag

Chase Freedom flex and Amex Platinum 150K SUB Instant approvals!

A very big thank you to everyone here! Long time lurker, I usually don't post but I wanted to share my datapoints for my approvals over the past 2 months and hopefully help someone the way that you all have helped me over the years. If you would like more info of my credit profile just let me know. Started rebuilding back in 2014/2015, I took credit for a joke in my college days & ended up the clown paying 22% APR on my very first auto loan. Its been a long road but hard work pays back beyond your imagination. 

On 2/24/2022 I took a leap of faith and was pleasantly suprised! I am finally in with Chase! 

Chase freedom flex - Instant approval $5900 SL - only pulled EX ( if im not mistaken my TU & EQ reports were frozen at the time of app) 

EX FICO 690  HOWEVER Chase pulled V2 card auquisition risk score 767

Inquires 3 - 2/12 months(both amex denials btw)

UTL 30%

2 baddie accounts - 1 CO 5 years & 10 months old and 1 closed with 3 lates 6 yrs & 9 months old

DTI 15%

Avg age of Acc 3 yrs 11 months

Oldest account 7 yrs 1 month

Early march my student loan account was closed pending transfer to new servicer, per my 2 previous denials this was the main thing keeping me out of the Amex ecosystem. Addtionally, a closed account with 3 lates was succesfully removed from my credit reports, thank you early exculsion! After stumbling onto the coveted 150k amex platinum SUB I decided to take advantage, I have several work trips and personal vacations planned for the rest of year.

3/21/2022

Amex platinum instant approval 150K SUB!! I am FINALLY in with Amex

Pulled EX Fico 720 and TU Fico 714 as 3/7 not sure at time of app

UTI 37% ( imagine that! had some dental work done took advantage of my care credit zero interest promo)

inquires 4

Oldest account 6 yrs 3 months

avg age of accounts 3 years 9 months

1 baddie CO 5 years 11 months

DTI 15% 

TX resident , Salary $75000

(NOTE : this evening i will update this post with my updated scores from all 3 bureas. ** As of 4/6/2022 FICO EX 717 TU 733 EQ 756) 

Now i am at a bit of a crossroads. Amex has not reported yet but i am technically at 2/24. I would like to add the CSP next but lately when i check the amex website I keep getting the HUGE 90k amex gold offer and I am tempted to pull the trigger. I'll hit my minimum spend on my platinum 2 months before deadline, so reaching the 4k spend on the gold concurrently won't be an issue. i know it would only be a sp but i don't want to give big daddy chase a reason to close me down! also, i would be pushing it with the 5/24 rule even though at this point after the CSP I would only want the world of hyatt from Chase in the future maybe in 2023/2024. Any advice for me?

Thank you all again!! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom flex and Amex Platinum 150K SUB Instant approvals!

Grats on your Freedom Flex and Amex platinum approvals Smiley Happy

I could have sworn its only 1 charge and one revolver card every 30 days, this policy may have been changed as of late. As far as going for CSP or the gold I would go with which one fits my spend the best.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you! I am leaning towards the Amex gold, i'm just concerned about the timing off my appilications and Chase's sensitivity to new accounts. 

Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on BOTH Freedom Flex and Amex platinum approvals!!

Message 4 of 8
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Those are both really solid cards, especially if you'll be traveling. Congrats! Hope you get a lot of use out of them. Really max out the Amex Platinum credits and benefits!

AU

Message 5 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 6 of 8
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Freedom Flex and Amex Platinum instant approvals.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.