Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Reserved - Approved

tag
Xistaben2
New Contributor

Chase Sapphire Reserved - Approved

I had to do it... I just had to do it.  After reading all of the hype, I left the garden and app'd for the CSR and was approved!

DP's:

SL - $12,000 (highest limit)

Income - $96,000/year

Accounts - 3/24 (Snuck this in before my EDP reported, but I don't think it would have mattered, would have been 4/24)

FICO - 709 Experian, 708 TransUnion

APR - 23% Unfortunately...  Hopefully I can get this reduced later down the road

Instant approval online.  Got the 100K offer for 4k spend in 3 months.

It is bitter sweet for me because I just convinced myself to commit to MR with AMEX and I got the EDP to start kicking off points with it.  Was planning on going for the PRG to complement.  Just met the spend for EDP in one month...  After looking at everyone's opinions and finally reading the benefits of this card myself from the horses mouth, it ends up beating out MR program straight up.  Considering I already have a Freedom on my hands that is getting very little use, I have at least 2/3 of the trifecta to really pump UR's.  Not sure if it would be worth it to get a FU later on to complete and maximize UR program.

Just figured I would share - time to trade in my spade.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserved - Approved

Congrats
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! it really is an amazing card to have in your arsenal!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Kinda shocked at the APR considering your decent scores... 

Message 6 of 10
Xistaben2
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval! Kinda shocked at the APR considering your decent scores... 

I'm not to be honest.  For some reason, Chase has been fairly untrusting in my reports all along.  I got my Freedom a while back with mid 600's scores.  Totally had no business applying for it, but after pestering recon, they caved and gave it to me.  Never received any CLI's and I am honestly shocked this was an instant approval for more than the minimum SL.  We will see how they treat going forward now that they will acquire the majority of my spend.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Xistaben2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not to be honest.  For some reason, Chase has been fairly untrusting in my reports all along.  I got my Freedom a while back with mid 600's scores.  Totally had no business applying for it, but after pestering recon, they caved and gave it to me.  Never received any CLI's and I am honestly shocked this was an instant approval for more than the minimum SL.  We will see how they treat going forward now that they will acquire the majority of my spend.

I'm sorry - I hope they treat you well going forward! I'm sure with your spending on the card you will look more favorable in their eyes 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 9 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.