Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate - 30 Day message experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate - 30 Day message experience

Posting this as a data point. 

I had applied for a Chase Slate last Friday evening. Intention was, use it for the BT offer, then product change after it had been paid off in a year to a CSP. Both these cards showed up in my PreQual page.  

Anyway, got the 30 day message. Checked the phone status line and it was also the 30 day message. Reading around after applying, it seemed that Chase had a reputation of giving rather poor SL's even to those with decent credit. 

Well, as it was the weekend, I decided to call them Monday and have them process it there and then, or just cancel the application. . Basically, if they were not going to give a decent SL (say 5K so it would qualify for product change to CSP), I was going to tell them to not bother.

Found the backdoor number, and called them up. Was expecting to hold forever seeing as it was Monday am. Nope, was through in a couple of rings. They checked the status and said it just needed verification and transferrred me. Both the people I spoke to (the first guy and the verificatin lady) were very pleasant. 

just a few minutes and a text message later, approved with $9800 SL. More than enough for my plans.

I had heard that there was some debate over whether to call or to wait it out when you get the 30 day message. Calling worked for me.

Can't say what my Fico score was at the time of pullng the report, as it has been shooting up since I paid off a bunch of cards. I know it was 686 in April. In the last week, (depending on which credit card I look at that gives free Fico branded scores), it varies between 720 on Discover to 758 on Amex.  Citi shows 738.

I can say that the util was 29 percent on the EQ credit report they pulled, and they were the 6th inquiry in two years. It was the second inquiry in 6 months

Util is actually even lower right now, 18 percent, but those balances have not cut a statement yet. 

So, I know Slate isn't a fabulous card, (though it exactly suits my needs for my final push on paying off my CC's) but I hope this gives a data point on the whole 30 day Message. thing

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Slate - 30 Day message experience

Nice SL, grats on the approval Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I'm totally jealous. I was only approved for a SCL of $500.....

Message 3 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Posting this as a data point. 

I had applied for a Chase Slate last Friday evening. Intention was, use it for the BT offer, then product change after it had been paid off in a year to a CSP. Both these cards showed up in my PreQual page.  

Anyway, got the 30 day message. Checked the phone status line and it was also the 30 day message. Reading around after applying, it seemed that Chase had a reputation of giving rather poor SL's even to those with decent credit. 

Well, as it was the weekend, I decided to call them Monday and have them process it there and then, or just cancel the application. . Basically, if they were not going to give a decent SL (say 5K so it would qualify for product change to CSP), I was going to tell them to not bother.

Found the backdoor number, and called them up. Was expecting to hold forever seeing as it was Monday am. Nope, was through in a couple of rings. They checked the status and said it just needed verification and transferrred me. Both the people I spoke to (the first guy and the verificatin lady) were very pleasant. 

just a few minutes and a text message later, approved with $9800 SL. More than enough for my plans.

I had heard that there was some debate over whether to call or to wait it out when you get the 30 day message. Calling worked for me.

Can't say what my Fico score was at the time of pullng the report, as it has been shooting up since I paid off a bunch of cards. I know it was 686 in April. In the last week, (depending on which credit card I look at that gives free Fico branded scores), it varies between 720 on Discover to 758 on Amex.  Citi shows 738.

I can say that the util was 29 percent on the EQ credit report they pulled, and they were the 6th inquiry in two years. It was the second inquiry in 6 months

Util is actually even lower right now, 18 percent, but those balances have not cut a statement yet. 

So, I know Slate isn't a fabulous card, (though it exactly suits my needs for my final push on paying off my CC's) but I hope this gives a data point on the whole 30 day Message. thing

Congratulations To You, Thanks For Sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice approval congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice SL.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.