Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC - 6 month SP CLI - Like Clockwork

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Citi DC - 6 month SP CLI - Like Clockwork

My last SP CLI on my Citi Double Cash was on July 19th.   We're a bit short of 6 months today, but i wanted to try to see if Citi would budge.   They did.

DC CLI 1-16-17.jpg

The $1600 increase is the same amount as my last SP CLI.  It's not worth HP for me to get more.  I'm happy with this amount for now and look forward to pushing this CC over $10K in July!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi DC - 6 month SP CLI - Like Clockwork

Awesome way to go! My own DC is due for a increase in March, can't wait!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I agree a $1600 soft is better than a hard. Happy to hear citi does this. The DC card is one of 2 left for me on my wish list. Citi hates me currently cuz if my EX. Hopefully 2017.
Congrats again!
Message 3 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very Nice SunriseSmiley Happy. I just got my very first auto so will be interesting to see if they will budge and start giving sp increases. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Love those soft pulls and CL increases!

Message 5 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Gotta love Citi and the SP increases!  Huge congrats!  screamer.gif

(I have my calendar marked as well... LOL!)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 18
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Sunrise - Congrats. SP CLi's are the way to go! Question I have, that perhaps you or anyone can answer: Is it 6 months from last cli, or account opening, or 6 statements? I recently opened my Costco account in October, and am inquiring. 

My other question is that I already have the SP verbiage on my account, but I know Citi is a strict 6 months from last CLI. Technically, as my account was opened in October, I haven't yet had a cli. Would I be eligible for an increase, or is it too soon? Obviously, I have nothing to lose as it's a SP, but don't want to waste their time if the 6 month rule applies from the account opening date as well.

Appreciate any and all info.

Message 7 of 18
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  My last SP was also on 19 Jul, but when I checked my account it had the HP language.  Guess just not my time.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job SRE! Citi sure likes to keep the increases at a minimal sometimes, and agreed, not worth the HP for more.

Congrats on the CLI, and Im sure we will see you back here again in July on this card! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Sunrise - Congrats. SP CLi's are the way to go! Question I have, that perhaps you or anyone can answer: Is it 6 months from last cli, or account opening, or 6 statements? I recently opened my Costco account in October, and am inquiring. 

My other question is that I already have the SP verbiage on my account, but I know Citi is a strict 6 months from last CLI. Technically, as my account was opened in October, I haven't yet had a cli. Would I be eligible for an increase, or is it too soon? Obviously, I have nothing to lose as it's a SP, but don't want to waste their time if the 6 month rule applies from the account opening date as well.

Appreciate any and all info.

It's exactly 180 days from the account opening or the last increase IME.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.