Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Dividend Platinum Select

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Citi Dividend Platinum Select

My Birthday is coming in 2 days (Jan 28th) and i thought that a good way to celebrate it is by getting a new card with  sign up bonus and decided to apply for the Citi Dividend i really believed i wasn't going to be approved because two week ago i submitted a CLI request for my Citi Thankyou Preferred which was approved with a HP. Anyway i did the app online and got a pending message but in the final step of the app a little window popped up and said that i could chat with a CITI CSR so i started the chat session, i was initially approved for $3800 but was offered to move up $500 from my Citi Thankyou Preferred which had a $6000 CL so i accepted that offer and my new Citi Dividend Card has a limit of $4,300 and My Citi Thankyou Preferred was decreased by 500 and now is sitting at $5,500.

I now have $9,800 of Credit with Citibank.

A Citi representative will be with you in approximately 0 minutes 3 seconds.

For your protection, we'll never ask you for passwords, PINs, User IDs, security words or any part of your social security number during a chat. Other information may be required to help us verify your identity.

You are now chatting with 'Amanda' from Citibank, N.A.
Amanda: Hello and welcome to Citibank in South Dakota! My name is Amanda. I would be happy to assist you with your application today. May I please have your application ID number from the Final Summary page (Step 5) of your application? It should begin with 201...
you: Hello! I just applied for the Citibank dividend and got a pending message so i was wondering if you could check and see if you guyd can give me a desIcion my application id number is 2014XXXXXXXXX
Amanda: Yes, I can help you with your application. Thank you! Next, for security purposes, will you please confirm your full name as well as your physical address?
you: XXXXX XXXXXX
you: XXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
Amanda: Thank you for that information! I did find your application for the Citi Dividend card.
Amanda: It should just take me a few minutes to review your application.
you: ok
Amanda: Thank you!
Amanda: Thank you for waiting! In reviewing your application I see you have an existing Citi account with us. With the credit line you have available on that other account we would be able to process your new account today with a credit line of $3,800. However, if you would like a credit line higher than that, we would be happy to move up to an additional $500 of the available credit line from your existing account to add to the new account. This would give you a credit line of $4,300 on the new application and decrease the credit line on your Citi Thank You Preferred card from $6,000 to $5,500. Would you be interested in doing this credit line adjustment today?
you: ok thanks! yeah i'd love you to move up that 500 to my new card
Amanda: Great! I will make that adjustment on your other account. It should only take me a few more minutes. Thank you for your patience.
you: alright thank you!
Amanda: You're welcome!
Amanda: I see you do not have a cell number listed on your application. Would you like to add one today?
you: well it's the same as the number provided on the app. Its just that i don't have landline anymore Smiley Sad i hope thats not a problem
Amanda: No problem at all, thank you! By providing your cell phone number, you agree that we may contact you at this number about your account. You also agree to receive, from us and our service providers, calls and messages such as pre-recorded messages, calls and messages from automated dialing systems, and text messages. Normal cell phone charges may apply. May I complete this update?
you: yes that's fine!
Amanda: Great, thank you! While I finalize your application, do you have any other questions I can answer for you?
you: no just that, thanks for approving my app Smiley Happy
Amanda: You are very welcome. I do just want to let you know for sure, congratulations! We will be able to approve your application for the Citi Dividend account! The initial credit limit on your account is $4,300. You should receive your card in about one week. Once you receive your new card, I invite you to go to our website at www.citicards.com. You can do many of your customer service needs through our website, or by contacting the phone number that will be on the back of your new credit card.
you: ok thank you. one last question. what's my APR?
Amanda: I do see it looks like you have a variable interest rate of 17.99%.
you: Alright thank you so much for all your help!
Amanda: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Amanda: You're welcome! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you have questions in the future. I want to thank you for choosing Citi. It has been a pleasure chatting with you today! You may exit our chat simply by clicking the "End Chat" button in the top right corner. Have a great day!
you: you too bye!

***Citi pulled Experian for me (the same one they use for the CLI request 2 weeks ago) and I have 17 inquiries on file and 4 in the last six months. Plus 3 new accounts with less than 6 months of payment history. My Overall utilization is low though: 4% 

Citi approval.PNG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Dividend Platinum Select

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

My Birthday is coming in 2 days (Jan 28th) and i thought that a good way to celebrate it is by getting a new card with  sign up bonus and decided to apply for the Citi Dividend i really believed i wasn't going to be approved because two week ago i submitted a CLI request for my Citi Thankyou Preferred which was approved with a HP. Anyway i did the app online and got a pending message but in the final step of the app a little window popped up and said that i could chat with a CITI CSR so i started the chat session, i was initially approved for $3800 but was offered to move up $500 from my Citi Thankyou Preferred which had a $6000 CL so i accepted that offer and my new Citi Dividend Card has a limit of $4,300 and My Citi Thankyou Preferred was decreased by 500 and now is sitting at $5,500.

For your protection, we'll never ask you for passwords, PINs, User IDs, security words or any part of your social security number during a chat. Other information may be required to help us verify your identity.

Amanda: Hello and welcome to Citibank in South Dakota! My name is Amanda. I would be happy to assist you with your application today. May I please have your application ID number from the Final Summary page (Step 5) of your application? It should begin with 201...
you: Hello! I just applied for the Citibank dividend and got a pending message so i was wondering if you could check and see if you guyd can give me a desIcion my application id number is 2014XXXXXXXXX
Amanda: Yes, I can help you with your application. Thank you! Next, for security purposes, will you please confirm your full name as well as your physical address?
Amanda: Thank you for that information! I did find your application for the Citi Dividend card.
Amanda: Thank you for waiting! In reviewing your application I see you have an existing Citi account with us. With the credit line you have available on that other account we would be able to process your new account today with a credit line of $3,800. However, if you would like a credit line higher than that, we would be happy to move up to an additional $500 of the available credit line from your existing account to add to the new account. This would give you a credit line of $4,300 on the new application and decrease the credit line on your Citi Thank You Preferred card from $6,000 to $5,500. Would you be interested in doing this credit line adjustment today?
Amanda: Great! I will make that adjustment on your other account. It should only take me a few more minutes. Thank you for your patience.
Amanda: I see you do not have a cell number listed on your application. Would you like to add one today?
you: well it's the same as the number provided on the app. Its just that i don't have landline anymore Smiley Sad i hope thats not a problem
Amanda: No problem at all, thank you! By providing your cell phone number, you agree that we may contact you at this number about your account. You also agree to receive, from us and our service providers, calls and messages such as pre-recorded messages, calls and messages from automated dialing systems, and text messages. Normal cell phone charges may apply. May I complete this update?
Amanda: Great, thank you! While I finalize your application, do you have any other questions I can answer for you?
Amanda: You are very welcome. I do just want to let you know for sure, congratulations! We will be able to approve your application for the Citi Dividend account! The initial credit limit on your account is $4,300. You should receive your card in about one week. Once you receive your new card, I invite you to go to our website at www.citicards.com. You can do many of your customer service needs through our website, or by contacting the phone number that will be on the back of your new credit card.
Amanda: You're welcome! Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you have questions in the future. I want to thank you for choosing Citi. It has been a pleasure chatting with you today! You may exit our chat simply by clicking the "End Chat" button in the top right corner. Have a great day!

***Citi pulled Experian for me (the same one they use for the CLI request 2 weeks ago) and I have 17 inquiries on file and 4 in the last six months. Plus 3 new accounts with less than 6 months of payment history. My Overall utilization is low though: 4% 

Citi approval.PNG

Congrats on the CC Approval. Is your income at 20l/yr when appling for this card? Need more info as I need to get one more card coming up.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 11
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@mnavas wrote:

Citi approval.PNG

Congrats on the CC Approval. Is your income at 20l/yr when appling for this card? Need more info as I need to get one more card coming up.

Thanks! My  siggy is outdated. My new income is $28,000 due to a raise in my current job.

Message 4 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Happy Birthday OP, and Congrats on the new Citi card!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 7 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.