Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Premier Approval $20k CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Premier Approval $20k CL

Hi everyone, 

I havent applied for a card in a year, so i thought Id give citi a try. I currently have a Discover IT ($11,200), BOA ($2,500) Amex Blue ($1,000) and Amex Platnium (NPSL). I have only had these cards for a year and one month. I also have a Porsche Financial account at $4000 per month. Before these I did not have any credit at all. 

My current scores are all in the high 700's. They pulled my Experian which is 790 to be exact. 

Did the app online and was asked to call and use a application refence number. 

After some verification the rep ask me how much of a line I wanted.... I was kind of surprised and nervous, so I said... umm $20,000? I def could have asked for more but Im very happy. 

Card is coming in 7 days or so. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jl4
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Premier Approval $20k CL

That sounds like a pretty good starting line to me! I felt the same what when I was at my local credit union, thinking I was leaving money on the table. Congrats!
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the high limit on the Premier.  I only got 2k but this is a pretty nice card.  Points seem to accumlate pretty quickly and got 700 dollars out of the SUB by using their travel service to book  hotels with the 50 dollar bonus for 3 night stays. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not too shabby!!

Congratulations and good luck!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know what the Citibank CLI process or "rules" are but I assume if I use the card as I intend to I can ask for a line increase in a few months??

@jl4 wrote:
That sounds like a pretty good starting line to me! I felt the same what when I was at my local credit union, thinking I was leaving money on the table. Congrats!

Message 5 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do know what the Citibank CLI process or "rules" are but I assume if I use the card as I intend to I can ask for a line increase in a few months??

@jl4 wrote:

With Citi, you can request a cli every 6 months.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Nice approval.  Will you be using the card regularly?  I still need to learn how to optimzie this card.  It is still behind AmEX MR and Chase UR systems.

Message 7 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.