Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity Card Approved But...

tag
JetOneTV
New Contributor

Citi Simplicity Card Approved But...

In a attempt to take advantage of the promo offer wanted to balance transfer.

Offer: 0% INTRO for 12months After 20.99% - APR for BT 0% INTRO for 21 Months (within 4 months) After 20.99%.

This was in response to a "mail offer". Applied online got the email - Hi. Thank you for your interest in the Citi Simplicity® Card account. We're reviewing your application submitted on 03/28/2019 and will get back to you within 7-10 days.

A few hours later I got a email - Congratulations, you've been approved! We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi Simplicity® Card, with a credit limit of "$4,600". Your account is considered open as of today, 03/28/19. - Honestly I needed higher CL to take advantage of the card, now I feel its considered pointless.

Is there any options I have to ask them about a larger CL? open to all advice... Thank You

UPDATE: 04/10/2019

CITISIMP_.png

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $28K | U.S. Bank Cash® Visa Signature® Card: $25K | Arrowhead Visa® $15K | My Best Buy® Visa® Card: $15K | Citi® Double Cash Card: $12.75K | PenFed Gold Visa® Card: $12.5K | PenFed Promise Visa® Card: $12.5K | U.S. Bank Cash 365™ American Express® Card: $16.2K | Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card: $12K | BankAmerica® Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus Mastercard: $12K | Citi Simplicity® Card: $11.1K | Chase Freedom® Card: $10K | PayPal® Credit Digital Credit: $10K | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® card: $7.5K | The Bread Cashback™ American Express® Credit Card: $7K | Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card: $7K | Apple Card: $6.5K | JCPenney Mastercard®: $6K | Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: $5.8K | American Express® Blue Cash Everyday® Card: $5K | Wells Fargo Autograph℠ Card: $4K | Chase Ink Business Unlimited® Card: $3K | Best Egg Card: $3K | PlayStation® Visa® Credit Card: $2.9K | Micro Center Insider® credit card: $2.1K | Hot Topic Guest List Credit Card: $400 |

| 1st CC since 2007 | Last Updated: 09/29/22 | Total: $252.25K |
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity Card Approved But...

its my understanding that citi doesnt reconsider SL but you can always try

Message 2 of 14
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't say it's pointless. I got a Citi DC last April with only a $2,000 SL. I utilized the BT offer the best I could for what I had. I would try to see what Citi says if you ask for recon on SL, and if your other Citi card CL of 3.75K is a Citi core Card, maybe you can shift some of that limit to the new one too?

Also, congrats on the approval.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3 of 14
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@JetOneTV wrote:

Offer: 0% INTRO for 12months After 20.99% - APR for BT 0% INTRO for 21 Months (within 4 months) After 20.99%.

This was in response to a "mail offer". Applied online got the email - Hi. Thank you for your interest in the Citi Simplicity® Card account. We're reviewing your application submitted on 03/28/2019 and will get back to you within 7-10 days.

A few hours later I got a email - Congratulations, you've been approved! We're delighted to let you know you've been approved for the Citi Simplicity® Card, with a credit limit of "$4,600". Your account is considered open as of today, 03/28/19. - Honestly I needed higher CL to take advantage of the card, now I feel its considered pointless.

Is there any options I have to ask them about a larger CL? open to all advice... Thank You

Once you receive the card you can ask for a CLI but it will be another HP. My mother was approved for Citi DC for 8K and submitted a request for 20K and they countered at 13K . But of course YMMV

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t say it’s pointless. DW just did this with one of her Citi cards. She hasn’t had it for long, maybe 1 month, but she did get a nice CLI at the cost of a HP (puts her at 3/24, so no huge deal imo)
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!!

Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Harvey26 wrote:

@JetOneTV wrote:

Once you receive the card you can ask for a CLI but it will be another HP. My mother was approved for Citi DC for 8K and submitted a request for 20K and they countered at 13K . But of course YMMV

This ^^^ OP.  Expect another HP if you decide to go this route plus the outcome will certainly vary.   So, yes Citi can potentially reconsider the SL, provided you qualify for something higher. 

Message 7 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and the Very Nice SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 14
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Not a bad SL, I am sure it will grow, you can def still use that BT offer! 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

How much of a CL are you looking for?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.