Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred Approval

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Citi ThankYou Preferred Approval

I did a two application spree on Saturday and one of the cards I had applied for was the Citi ThankYou Preferred for College Students card. I received an email this morning with an approval! They are starting me off with a SL of $2,400 and my interest rate is only 15.99%!! That is significantly lower than my Discover card which is currently at 22.49%.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred Approval

Nice Job!!!

Congrats on the Approval!!

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

YOU'RE WELCOMESmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Matt9543
Established Contributor

I was so surprised after being denied by Chase for the Amazon Prime card instantly

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Citi is lenient, while Chase is strict Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Matt9543
Established Contributor

I wasn't upset at all by the approval from Citi. It was a student card so that may have been a contributing factor. I am also pretty excited about some of the new features they offer with Private Pass.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval !!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.