Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank Auto CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Commerce Bank Auto CLI

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just haven't seen many DP's w/regards to Commerce bank CLI's.  I personally think they started me pretty low on the Save The Children Visa at 7k, but obviously they thought differently.  Regardless just checked wallethub every few day check of what is going on and noticed they did an auto CLI of 2k.. Also just logged into Commerce site and saw the increase as well.  Not a ton of spend on the card about 400 since I have had it for approx 4-5 months?  In a few months might go in for another one of their card and hopefully If I do they start me at the max 15k for their co-branded cards as would be in line with more of the other cards in my profile.  Pretty sure they use EQ that is who they pulled when intially approved around 770-780ish atm.

So Went from 7k -> 9k

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 7.42.38 AM.png

Another that I'm a bit late in replying to... in any case, auto-luv is the best luv!  Smiley Very Happy

That's a strong increase, and great data points on a card (and bank) we don't hear that much about.

Again, very nice! screamer.gif

Message 21 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

Sorry, a little late to the party @CreditCuriosity.  Congrats on the Commerce auto-CLI.  If you place moderate use on it, they do tend to place you on that [CLI] radar.  Last auto-CLI was on my Garfield Rewards for $5K.  So, yes they can grow Smiley Happy

A Garfield credit card... I think there's a card for nearly everything these days!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just haven't seen many DP's w/regards to Commerce bank CLI's.  I personally think they started me pretty low on the Save The Children Visa at 7k, but obviously they thought differently.  Regardless just checked wallethub every few day check of what is going on and noticed they did an auto CLI of 2k.. Also just logged into Commerce site and saw the increase as well.  Not a ton of spend on the card about 400 since I have had it for approx 4-5 months?  In a few months might go in for another one of their card and hopefully If I do they start me at the max 15k for their co-branded cards as would be in line with more of the other cards in my profile.  Pretty sure they use EQ that is who they pulled when intially approved around 770-780ish atm.

So Went from 7k -> 9k

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 7.42.38 AM.png

Can you please explain what you mean by "maximum $15k for their co-branded cards"?  I don't understand. 

@Anonymous when you don't live in their "foot print" of banking meaning branches located near you you cannot apply for their core credit cards(they have like 5?) those cards can go higher than 15k.  Where-as the co-branded cards(probably excess of 30ish cashs, although can't find link atm with them all) such as Save the children, garfield, etc you don't have to live in their footprint to get and I believe they max out at 15k from all DP's I have seen.  I hope this helps explain it a bit more clearly.

@CreditCuriosity 

Thank you!  Now I understand.  

By the way, is it possible to use a co-branded card as a way in to open a checking account with them and then use that to apply for their core cards?  

Or can you visit a branch branch and apply although you don't actually live in their footprint?

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Ive had a 9k commerce for almost 2 years with no cli. Pay well over minimum, gave it heavy use early to max the 0% bennies & nearly paid off now. Waiting for some CLI love now...
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.