Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU CLI

I got this card back in February of 2019 and it has been stuck at $1K. I took a HP last week and asked for $5K but never heard anything so I assumed it was declined. I tried chatting with customer service to cancel the card and someone entered and exited the chat after like 10 minutes waiting so I called and got someone right away who told me they have a counter offer waiting and transferred me to underwriting. They had a 30-45 minute hold time so I left my number to call me back and the lady informs me that they can only offer me $4500 based on my income which I happily accepted. The APR is also going down from 11.5% to 8.5%, their lowest.

EQ5 which they pulled is 761.

This makes my spree 4/4 - both cards and both CLIs were granted. I don't count Wells Fargo because they didn't pull me and their system messed the whole thing up.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: DCU CLI

Congratulations on your CLI! You're on a roll.
Message 2 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent APR reduction, grats to both!

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI! You're on a roll.

Thanks! I am very happy with 4/4 HPs yielding results Smiley Happy

The spree comes to an end now though, back to the garden.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats!

Thank you sir!

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Excellent APR reduction, grats to both!

Thank you very much! Yes, DCU drops the APR when your credit score goes up and they grant a CLI, pretty cool. I actually think this is my second-lowest APR card now. 

Message 7 of 27
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Nice one @Anonymous, 4.5X is a solid bump. Since you were willing to spend an HP on this one, have you thought about going for an AOD cli with your EQ5 at 761?

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Nice one @Anonymous, 4.5X is a solid bump. Since you were willing to spend an HP on this one, have you thought about going for an AOD cli with your EQ5 at 761?

Thank you!

Nah, I am good with it at $5K. I don't really think AOD is going to want to increase it with my income being as it is and I don't use it enough to justify the request anyway. I also don't want to add any more inquiries. I will watch others and how they fare and maybe after I go for Chase in November I'll ask for an increase to $7500 from AOD but I can't see them being one of those lenders that will give me a $10K limit.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... the lady informs me that they can only offer me $4500 ... The APR is also going down from 11.5% to 8.5%, their lowest.

That is an excellent outcome Smiley Happy-- Congratulations! @Anonymous 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.