Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CREDIT INCREASE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER CREDIT INCREASE

Today, there was a bit excitement for me in the credit world. Back in July I applied for a Discover card and got a $4,000 limit which at the time was my highest limit credit card. It's been a couple months, so today I decided to try for a credit increase and hit that lovely luvvy-luv button. I got $1500. 🤑
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: DISCOVER CREDIT INCREASE

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME!!!! Even the minions are happy for me!!!
Thanks Medic!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.. CONGRATS on the CLI!!! I got a Discover a month ago for $4.5k.  I'd love a CLI. Did the hard pull you for increase? thanks

M

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have to say I feel Discover has gotten a lot stingier with their increases. In the first year (2016) I went from a $5,000 SL that they kept increasing for me about every month all the way to 37k. It peaked at around the end of the year, and since then it’s only gone up twice in 1k increments in the past 2 years. It’s been sitting at an annoying 39k for a while now, and at this point I just want them to make it an even 40 😅. A buddy of mine also went from a $6,000 SL to 49k in that same year, and he’s been stuck there since. Not sure if this is just something we got lucky with back in 2016, but it’s something to possibly look forward to. Keep spending on it! It’s a great card with good benefits and fantastic customer service. Enjoy it!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover increase!

tenor.gif

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarkyMark No Hard pull for the increase. But I have heard of something called a double dip with Discover. You can call in after the increase and let them know that you were hoping on a little more. They will let you know they are going to do a hard pull at this point and check your file to see if they can give you more. I've ready many posts about ppl being successful with the double dip. However, YMMV here of course. I didnt want to go for the double dip right now as I'm gardening for a bit. Extra Credit with no hard pull.... I'll take it for now.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zainxlqbal...I wish Discover would still give increases like that too. Lol. From what I read on here, it seem like alot of CC companies have gotten more tight on their increases and starting SL's in the last few years.
You know I was afraid of credit for a while. My parents had it in my head to stay away from credit. "Dont get a credit card! That's the most stupid thing you can do right now!" If only I just had found MyFico sooner!!!!!!! My credit would be fantastic right now. But since I'm a newbie to credit, I have to let all my accounts age (along with responsible use) to actually start seeing real increases, better apps, and more preferable limits. All in due time.....
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely try not to get the "extra" CLI w a HP. I would take the SP and take what they gave me for sure!!! I'm going to try to ask for an increase w my new Discover next month. Also, I gat a Chase FU card 3 months ago and was approved for $7k.  I used it for everyyyything and made all payments perfect.  I logged onto my acct a few days ago, and to my surprise, w/out evne asking, Chase increased my CLI +$5k to $12k.  I couldn't believe it, They never even emailed or contacted me to tell ne. LoL. Oh well.  I was approved yesterday afternoon for Chase SP and today I had another green check offer for a different card. I was going to apply for the second card. That would be a double app in 24hrs, if they use the same report. Anyone know? They pulled HP yesterday on the CSP thru TU and Exp. Will they use that report if I apply for another? Thx.

Mark

Message 9 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. As far as the HP goes, Disco will usually let you know that they will do a hard pull when requesting more credit. Usually when getting a CLI, you can call in and ask for more but request not to have an HP. Usually with Disco's CLI's, they usually leave a little on the table. I recently had one myself but it was a measly $500 CLI. I called in and got an extra $500.

As far as some of the other posts - If you aren't using your limits or remotely even close to it, Disco will not really give any major CLI's.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.