Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco CLI agony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco CLI agony

Congrats on that great CLI. I’d kick children to get one that size. And here I was happy about my $300 AJC Special last week lol.

Glad to see you got some love Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Me, too! I really have nothing else to do, other than stare at my US Bank socks and be mega jealous of other people (full time job)
Message 22 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya - gardening sucks, but at the same time there isn’t anything else on my short-term radar anyway, and even long-term I’m really only looking at a local CU Visa and maybe Amex Platinum if I can justify it. I’m not really sure what to do right now lol.
Message 23 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me $3k this week also, which is puzzling, confusing and awesome. $8100 - $11,100.

I have been hitting the CLI button every month or every other month for years now. I am usually denied 3-4 times and then I get a CLI of a few hundred bucks or whatever. (I was just denied one a few weeks ago as a matter of fact.)

My card esssentially started at $2k, doubled to $4k at a year, and then grew to the $8100 via all of those small 3 digit increases . . . 

The weird thing is that although my BK continues to age, my utilization is high (for me) lately - 

• I have had about $3k of balance transfers on a promo on this card for 6 months now and have only been making minimum payments.
  • My total util on all cards is probably 20% right now.
  • I recently got another BT offer from Disco, but didn't want to blow my util sky high on this one card, so I clicked CLI and got the $3k.

I actually wonder if their algorithms know that I clicked on the BT offer from the email and then asked for a CLI in order to use said BT offer? 

I'll be running 58% util on Disco for a while, but two other cards are now $0, so hopefully it somewhat evens out. I spent a nice chunk fixing up my car last Fall and last week it decided to surprise me with needing a new turbo. LOL.

Message 24 of 61
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I thought this would put an end to it, but now I just want more" Smiley Very Happy

"No use on the card for the past three months."Smiley Sad

"but at least I can sleep at night"Smiley Wink

Congrats on your non-use $3k CLI

Message 25 of 61
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

You inspired me to request a $5k CLI on my Amex card, and it was approved, so thank you Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I really did not expect a CLI. I just ask and they say no, and we do it again later

Card started at $1000.00 and most increases were $2k-$3k.
Then came crickets and silence for the past 9 months. I guess I might be starting another Disco CLI thread sometime in March 2020
Message 27 of 61
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:
Me, too! I really have nothing else to do, other than stare at my US Bank socks and be mega jealous of other people (full time job)

Oh Lawd... now you have given me something to think about. Smiley Surprised  smiley-laughing021.gif

I really need to leave Discover alone, though.  Although it's been over two years since my last CLI (and it was a really good one) my CL is already silly for my income/spend, and asking for any more would just be obnoxious.

Plus, knowing my luck it would put me just over a threshold where US Bank would say I have too much available for my income (as if that's not the case already, LOL).

Speaking of US Bank, I just got yet another soliciation for their Platinum Visa, with a set APR.  They won't leave me alone... August won't come fast enough.

Message 28 of 61
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
I thought this would put an end to it, but now I just want more

Just like a woman, but congrats on the CLI anyway. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 29 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Oh Lawd... now you have given me something to think about. Smiley Surprised  smiley-laughing021.gif

I really need to leave Discover alone, though.  Although it's been over two years since my last CLI (and it was a really good one) my CL is already silly for my income/spend, and asking for any more would just be obnoxious.

Plus, knowing my luck it would put me just over a threshold where US Bank would say I have too much available for my income (as if that's not the case already, LOL).

Speaking of US Bank, I just got yet another soliciation for their Platinum Visa, with a set APR.  They won't leave me alone... August won't come fast enough.

I know me asking was obnoxious, but had they said yes, I would have stopped. How dare they say No???

I'm jealous of you now because US Bank is leaving me alone. At this point I'd be happy with one of those "Keep your account safe" emails   Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.